Car Issues Post Accident Repairs

stu007
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2241 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Car Issues Post Accident Repairs.

Car is a Vauxhall Corsa SRI less than 1 year old with just over 5100 miles (post accident)

They were the middle car of the 3 cars involved, middle car & front car were only just moving off from traffic light being on red and changed to green, middle car was hit by car from rear with such force shunted into car in front.

Rear Car that caused the accident has admitted full liability so no issue there.

Car came back from the Insurers Approved Repairer looking all shiny and new except in pitch darkness so they were unable to view car.

So they take it to local petrol station forecourt which is like Blackpool illuminations and that's where all the issues were picked up and complained to Insurer:

1. Front bonnet you can fit your hand under (that's without using the bonnet release lever).

2. Battery Terminals covers were not fitted and lying loose.

3. Oil warning light as Oil Low.

4. No Screen wash.

5. Intermittent display on the dashboard.

6. ECU at side of battery connecting clips broken and hanging loose.

7. Constant clicking noise from engine.

8. Hand Brake to be on is almost vertical.

9. Using the foot brake completely spongy with foot on floor.

10. Due to recent cold spell having to scrap ice of all inside windows of car and seat feel wet.

11. when engine started petrol fumes coming through the cars ventilation system.

12. A lot of fuel missing from car from collection.

13. Numerous mileage added while in Approved Repairer care.

14 Both Left & Right front wings where they join the window area to roof a slight touch with one finger and you can move the wing out.

There is more but will stop at that as it gives an idea of the issue with the repairs.

All the above has been made a formal complaint to the insurer

I have told then that they also need to not ask but tell the insurers they want the following:

1. Copy of the Post Accident Inspection Report.

2. Copy of the Repairs carried out by the Approved Repairer.

3. They wish an Independent Inspection of the car carried out before sent to there Approved Repairer. (same lot different garage)

4. They refuse the Car going back to rectify the above issue to the same Approved Repairer but a different garage.

5. They invoke there right to chose which Approved Repairer these repairs are carried out

(note: this individual has a pacemaker & went through the DVLA Medical process to drive and the Insurers are fully aware of this

Now as this isn't my are I would be grateful for our motor guru's advice on this

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Seems you are on the right track. Policyholder needs to speak to his Insurers claim department, who should have a process for dealing with this. The repairs are basically being rejected and there needs to be an independent inspection, followed by repairs at another garage.

The car is less than a year old, so should not have the issues as wear and tear. It is accident/repair garage related issues that need to be fixed. I would expect the Insurers to refund the independent inspection report, if it confirm the issues reported.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi UB

Thank you for your advice really wanted to make sure hadn't missed a trick with this lot appreciated.

Classic is yesterday now the same Approved Repairer contacted them insistent that they were to collect the car to carry out repairs and I mean were very insistent which they refused and immediately contact Insurers who are surprised as this was not authorized by them.

:thumb:

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

• 1 month later...

Just to update as this has now been fully resolved and friend fully compensated and full apology from Insurer but not the end of it for the Approved repairer.

Insurer agreed and Independent inspection before and after it went back to Approved Repairer to rectify faults (repairer was unaware of this)

What both my friend and the Insurer had a query with for the repairers invoice cost was the full repair bill was quiet a few thousands pounds stating they had to repaint new bumpers to colour match mmm on a vehicle less than one year old really these would not come colour coded from manufacturer.

Car goes off to repairer and amazingly even single fault was fixed except they inform Inurers only fault was air in brakes only.

Not what the Independent Inspections report says before repairer got it nor what the inspection reports says after car handed back ofter only supposed air in brakes fixed only.

As you can guess Insurer was none to happy with what had happened and it is going further at there end.

friend is just happy this is all resolved and the repairer aint got away with what they done.

What both my friend and the Insurer had a query with for the repairers invoice cost was the full repair bill was quiet a few thousands pounds stating they had to repaint new bumpers to colour match mmm on a vehicle less than one year old really these would not come colour coded from manufacturer.

I don't know about other manufacturers, but 'painted parts' are available off the shelf from Ford. Although they cost a lot more than unpainted parts that you (or the repairer) then prep & paint. For some reason, even when you factor in the cost to prep & paint, the unpainted parts will still be cheaper than buying painted parts.

So assuming that it's the same sort of situation with Vx, I can sort of see why the repairer would do it that way, but that doesn't excuse the rest of the shoddy job.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.