• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

QQ ArcEurope, unknown debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2264 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

quick quid says I owe £400

news to me

never had any loads or debts,

letters from Arc Europe,

today 3rd letter bit confusing its bog run of the mill printer letter

a) we could now take steps to prepare a County Court Claim

b) latter in letters says payment or a court claim can be prepared 14 days after the date of this letter

Dated 28 Dec received 2 Jan

c) further down says, if unpaid our client (QQ) could apply for a formal court judgement and recorded on credit reference etc

letter one

I sent a reply saying no go,

not known debt an quite some legal quotes and prove the debt is mine

- they ignored that and sent letter two

Letter two pressure to pay

- I replied and said same and harassment etc ombudsman etc

letter three as above

Confusing - how should I react now is what I need to know

Copies/text of letter I can post is needs be

Many thanks in advance

If you can scan and post up what you sent them that would be great! :thumb:

Welcome to CAG..

The first problem is that you sent them anything in the first place!

Have a look at your credit files, just ensure they've not left any mucky paw prints on it.

Because you have been corresponding with them, instead of ignoring them, they now believe they have hit their target.

IMO, I'd ignore them, keep a diary of events, especially regarding any harassment they may wish to conduct.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi Bazooka Boo, thank you for your reply

I get what your saying re contact

I have been extremely careful what I have said

I hope your be pleased,

ie not my debt and for them to prove it's my debt,

as I understand anyone can request this and they can not take further action until that request is complied with which of cause has not.

They can not and do not have proof as I have never had any debts or loans in my life

I have also added the warnings in the letters

- I will sort the EXACT text of the letters for you.

I made them from reading on the internet before I joined here as now I am fed up but will never give in an pay,

they are just trying to scare me I think which also will just not work

I will sort and post ASAP in the morning,

many thanks again and hope you like my work and can advise me better

Never taken out loans or filled signed anything

Letter one: from me

15 October 2017

ARCEUROPE Limited

Kent House

Churchfield Road

Walton-on-Thames

Surrey KT12 2TU

Dear Sir/Madam

Account No: abc

Our Ref: xyz

You have contacted me regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself.

I would point out that I have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to CREDITOR.

I am familiar with the Consumer Credit sourcebook of the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) which states the following rules.

"A firm must not ignore or disregard a customer's claim that a debt has been settled or is disputed and must not continue to make demands for payment without providing clear justification and/or evidence as to why the customer's claim is not valid." 7.5.3

A firm must suspend any steps it takes or its agent takes in the recovery of a debt from a customer where the customer disputes the debt on valid grounds or what may be valid grounds." 7.14.1

"Where a customer disputes a debt on valid grounds or what may be valid grounds, the firm must investigate the dispute and provide details of the debt to the customer in a timely manner." 7.14.3

"Where there is a dispute as to the identity of the borrower or hirer or as to the amount of the debt, it is for the firm (and not the customer) to establish, as the case may be, that the customer is the correct person in relation to the debt or that the amount is the correct amount owed under the agreement." 7.14.4

"A firm must provide a customer with information on the outcome of its investigations into a debt which the customer disputed on valid grounds." 7.14.5

"Where a customer disputes a debt and the firm seeking to recover the debt is not the lender or the owner, the firm must:

(1) pass the information provided by the customer to the lender or the owner; or

(2) if the firm has authority from the lender or owner to investigate a dispute, it must notify the lender or owner of the outcome of the investigation." 7.14.6

In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore, ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above accounts unless you can provide evidence as to my liability for the debt in question. I remind you my request is all communication is made in written form and I request is made in writing.

In addition, if any default, adverse information, or account details have been reported to the Credit Reference Agencies regarding this account, I require you to remove any such information forthwith.

Recording false and inaccurate information on Credit Reference Files is a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998, and may also constitute an act of defamation on your part.

I await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise, I will have no option but to make a complaint to the Trading Standards Department and consider informing the FCA of your actions.

If appropriate I will also take this matter forward as a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service and Information Commissioner's Office.

Yours faithfully

Letter two from me

11 November 2017

ARCEUROPE Limited

Kent House

Churchfield Road

Walton-on-Thames

Surrey KT12 2TU

Dear Sir/Madam

Account No: 123456

You have contacted me about the account with the above reference number, which you claim I owe.

I have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to.....

I am familiar with the Financial Conduct Authority's (FCA) Consumer Credit sourcebook which states the following.

"A firm must not ignore or disregard a customer's claim that a debt has been settled or is disputed and must not continue to make demands for payment without providing clear justification and/or evidence as to why the customer's claim is not valid." 7.5.3

"A firm must suspend any steps it takes or its agent takes in the recovery of a debt from a customer where the customer disputes the debt on valid grounds or what may be valid grounds." 7.14.1

"Where a customer disputes a debt on valid grounds or what may be valid grounds, the firm must investigate the dispute and provide details of the debt to the customer in a timely manner." 7.14.3

If you do not stop collection activity whilst investigating my dispute, you are breaking FCA rules and guidance.

Also, ignoring claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment is harassment.

Please do not make any further contact about the above accounts unless you can provide evidence of my liability for the debt.

I await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to my local trading standards service and consider informing the FCA of your actions.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

As I say not sure if this is correct, friend helped me and this is what we pieced together from the internet clearly ARC are not reading, care or bothered

I guess its a case for knowing what to do and when or what not to do etc

I can scan the letters from ARC if that helps

Many thanks again

have you moved in recent years?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

well either someone has used your details to obtain stuff

or yours is a similar name to someone they are after.

pers I would never ever reply to any DCA

they are not bailiffs and have zero legal powers.

if you want to do anything deal with QQ directly and complain.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

^^^DITTO^^^

Silly children are barking up the wrong tree.

ARC are not reading, care or bothered

Exactly that, hence why it is futile in sending these clowns anything, not only can they not read, all of their responses and letters are spat out by a computer, with no human input whatsoever.

Like petulant children, ignore them and they get bored and go annoy someone else.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

if you get any more begging letters

a stiff letter to QQ is in order,

if they still persist then you will need to send a SAR to them and then you will be in a position to beat them with their own stick.

I bet someone has used your details to get a loan sent by BAC and the only correct bit will be their bank account details.

Once you have this detail from QQ (they will have to supply it because as far as they(and the law) are concerned it is YOUR data you will have all you need to report them to the FCA for failing to use any sort of due diligence before blaming you for their problems.

Ok many thanks everyone for the information, some you will some you lose and some you just dont know about, wish I had

Ignored totally they will be anything they send, so much for being nice and honest and of cause costs me time and money

I will only worry if I get a letter from QQ saying actions to be taken right?

And at which point I go for a SAR etc ?

Many thanks again, feel loads better. Thank you

write to QQ

COMPLAIN

dx

and they

Hi dx100uk, ok so what do you think I should write, bar the obvious ie the history and situation etc

Anything I need to do, write or say?

Thanks so much for everyone advice and help means a lot, thank you again. Of cause I will keep posting step by step so everyone can see and maybe can help them also, all this is really not nice

well your letter to arc will have been totally ignored

briefly start again.

why simply tell QQ you never took this loan out and to get their facts right

have they trashed your credit file.

and they

Hi, thanks for the reply

not sure re-credit file, need to find out how to check

Ill sit tight for the 14 days see their next move I have not replied as advised here.

yes you right ignored and pointless writing to ARC I did not know any better at the time

If i get any more Ill write to QQ and state facts and go from there.

I will posts all letter up for everyone

Thanks again everyone, thank you

noddle

clearscore

Experian

all are free

and they

if your credit file has been trashed you need to write and complain and seek financial compensation.

and they

noddle

clearscore

Experian

all are free

Hi dx100uk, hope you're well

tried noodle couple times askes loads personal information is it safe?

Also I do not have credit card or debit card just an ATM card, that's it I am a cash only man, so I can not get past that section

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/o...credit-reports

Consumers can now view their credit reports online for just £2 following an agreement with the three major credit reference agencies.

Victims of ID fraud and the financially vulnerable will get free access to their reports.

citizenB has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Help! - Natwest have instructed capquest - large debt - in the Debt Collection Industry forum of The Consumer Forums.

This thread is located at:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=330724&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:

not all the creditors/dcas report to ALL of the CRAs.. so to obtain a full check, you really need to contact the 3 main players.

Company Secretary

Equifax Limited

Capital House

25 Chapel Street

London

NW1 5DS

Company Secretary

CallCredit Limited

1, Park Lane,

LEEDS

West Yorkshire

LS3 1EP

Company Secretary

Experian Limited

Talbot House

Talbot Street

Nottingham

NG80 1TH

You can either complete the forms online or send a letter (below) with a £2.00 postal order.

---Quote---

All of the three Credit reference agencies offer a paper version and they only cost £2

Noddle (who are part of CallCredit) off free online credit reports but as they are the smallest of the threee, they may not have all the info

Experian paper app.

http://www.experian.co.uk/downloads/consumer/cfa.pdf

Call credit

http://www.callcredit.co.uk/media/53...itfile-app.pdf

Equifax

http://www.equifax.co.uk/Products/cr..._file_0310.pdf

Send with a £2 postal order.

You can use Experians online free trial. just make sure you cancel before the trial runs out

Address

Company Secretary

CallCredit Limited

1, Park Lane,

LEEDS

West Yorkshire

LS3 1EP

Dear Sir or Madam,

*Limited Data Subject Access Request

s9(2) The Data Protection Act 1998*

I hereby request a copy of my Statutory Credit Report, served under s9(2) of The Data Protection Act 1998.

I enclose the Statutory Fee of £2 paid via Postal Order, number: 123456.

For the purposes of confirming my identity, I can confirm the following details:

*My full name*:

*My Maiden Name: *

*My Date of Birth*:

*My current Address*:

I have lived at the above address for XX years.

I note that under s7(3) of the above Act, a data controller is not obliged to comply with a request under this section unless he is supplied with such information as he may reasonably require in order to satisfy himself as to the identity of the person making the request and to locate the information which that person seeks.

However, I feel the above information identifies me sufficiently to discharge your obligations to establish my identity before posting my Credit Report.

I am aware that you have 7 Working Days to post the Credit Report to me, commencing the day after this s9(2) Statutory Request has been delivered to your Company.

*This letter must not be regarded as granting your Company any Data Consent*.

Yours faithfully,

*Enclosures:

*1 x Statutory £2.00 Fee via Postal Order Number: 123456

*Notes*:this letter is being sent via Royal Mail Special Delivery service

---End Quote---

there is also

http://www.checkmyfile.com

....ends

and they

Another letter today from ARCEurope

I ignored letter 3 from them as above posts after my two attempts to shake them off, still, no proof of debt as requested. I have no loans never have and have no knowledge of this debt

Letter says in short exact wording copied, can scan the letter if better

Not paid etc

"A county court claim has now been prepared against you and could be issued to Northampton County Court"

I live hundreds of miles away from that Court

What will happen next

If this matter is passed to our Solicitors for issue, our client will claim the following

Debt Balance 400

Court Fees 35

Solicitors fees 50

Annual interest (to be adjusted pro rata) 32

total 517

As you can see the issue of court proceedings will mean the amount claimed by our client could increase by as much as 117

then normal pay how to pay stuff or telephone etc etc

What do you think?

Read it properly doesn't say will anything

and they