Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder bobbywhufc Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Nov 2006

Default bobbywhufc v RBoS

Just checking I've got this right.

Got my statements and sent a letter `one` to head office in Edinburgh.

Had a reply from the (infamous) Tommy Mac yesterday... "believe our charges are fair blah blah, I am sure this is not the answer you hoped to receive, nonetheless I am grateful to you for bringing this to our notice" (aye right! lol).

Next step is the lbaicon with a list of payments I am trying to claim back (about 700)?

If I do this what can I expect to happen next? Compared to recent letters/claims etc?

(I'm a little surprised that the banks refund charges in full, I'd have thought they'd at least have tried to save the 12 fee per transaction that they are probably entitled to?)

Feel free to guess any amounts offered and dates refunded if you wish, lol.

Amazing site btw.

Similar Threads:

Default Re: bobbywhufc v RBoS

Forgot to also ask, does the lbaicon go to 36 St Andrew Square (head office), or to Tommy McLean (Customer Relarions Unit) at 56 South Gyle Crescent who I got the reply from?

Cheers!

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    isidore Informative isidore Informative isidore Informative isidore's Avatar

Cagger since : Aug 2006

Ensure you leave the 14 days run off from your prelim before sending your lbaicon.

I would send it to Tommy if he has responded to you.

Read through my RBS1 (from my sig) if you want a detailed account of what happens - I had mine settled not so long ago.

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!
    Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC 498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard 705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!
    Follows
    Following

Just had an offer of 465 from Tommy MacLean for a claim of about 700.

I notice its got his direct line number on the letter.

Whats next? Worth giving him a call to save time? Or a second letter accepting the offer as part payment? (Not 100% sure which templete to use).

Also whats the likely response? A p*ss off and see you in court, or a grudged full settlement?

Basic Account Holder niteflite01 Novitiate

Cagger since : Oct 2006

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywhufc View Post
    Just had an offer of 465 from Tommy MacLean for a claim of about 700.

I notice its got his direct line number on the letter.

Whats next? Worth giving him a call to save time? Or a second letter accepting the offer as part payment? (Not 100% sure which templete to use).

Also whats the likely response? A p*ss off and see you in court, or a grudged full settlement?
    Heya there

Send the letter from the templatesicon section, accepting the offer but only as a part payment and reinforce that you will be continuing with your timetable in pursuit of all of the money the bank owe you.

I recently have received the full amount I was claiming which was just under 700. After I refused the first offer, I sent the letter off, waited another 10 days or so (I gave Tommy and Co a bit of extra time as they appeared to be very busy and a little behind at the moment), and then I received a full settlement offer.

I'm not saying that's what will certainly happen to you - but if you send the letter from the templatesicon section and stick with it, I expect you'll have your full offer by Christmas!

Take a look at http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...lite-rbos.html for my case.

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details