So the AA count miles through mid air not in road miles?

Craigbadger
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2275 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Seems a bit surreal

have just been denied a breakdown because the car was within 1/4 mile of my home despite being 0.4 miles by road.

If I want to claim I have to pay £60 now + add £6 a month to my policy.

Ive had a look at the policy and it states within 1/4 mile.

Nothing about it being measured in pigeon miles.

I'd go as far as to say the whole things crazy.

I guess what i'm wondering is do I have any grounds for complaint?,

luckily my dad has been able to recover on his but its still a major inconvenience

and I just cant get the logic other than them deliberately trying to get out of a recovery.

They are a road company that even offer navigation services yet measure through the sky when it suits.

Rant over.

unless they use shortest road distance

which is a bit debatable or could be..at the best of times..

how else do can you expect distance to be measured...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

To answer your question, yes i'd expect it to be the shortest road route.

They even have a route planner on the site so go with the approach that whatever that says goes.

I actually cant think of many other times in life you would measure distance in a direct line and not how far you would have to travel to get from a>b.

They haven’t provided any definition Of how they calculate the distance in their terms?

Then any interpretation will be in your favour and as per what a reasonable person/consumer would think which is by road

I.e M, A, B, unnamed roads and not by plane/drone/pigeon

Put a directions from London to Reading in google maps and see if it gives you the distance in radials. I think not. The only time I see radials on a map is the blast zone of a nuclear bomb, never seen it on any map relating to traffic, insurance, telematics etc anyway as they haven’t defined it then it must be defined to the benefit of the consumer

Put a directions from London to Reading in google maps and see if it gives you the distance in radials. I think not. The only time I see radials on a map is the blast zone of a nuclear bomb, never seen it on any map relating to traffic, insurance, telematics etc anyway as they haven’t defined it then it must be defined to the benefit of the consumer

Check out delivery zones from couriers....

Check out delivery zones from couriers....

Maybe, but then you know what the delivery zone is before you conclude the contract. They cannot come after the fact and say this is how we define the zone and tough luck that’s the end of the matter. If you know before because it’s defined in the terms or on their website then fine.