Insurance claim voided - Hastings

moonlandings
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2303 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all I hope you all had a good xmas and wish you all a happy new year.

I had my claim for motor insurance voided because the insurers said I hadn't told them I had a driving conviction (sp30),

I know for a fact that on my initial online application and in subsequent phone calls, I did declare my speeding conviction.

I need to be able to get copies of all and any audio or recorded conversation between myself and the insurers,

what us the best process to achieve this,

and are there fees to pay?

Many thanks

Moonlandings

Never bite the hand that feeds you, always remember that while you are on this forum you are just a peasant....

Hi honeybee13, thanks for your reply, unfortunately I don't have any screenshots,the insurers were Hastings direct

Never bite the hand that feeds you, always remember that while you are on this forum you are just a peasant....

I would suggest an sar.

was this via an comparison site 1st off

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes SAR. But as these take time, get a complaint submitted and request copies of communications plus internet info they received..

Re comparison site that is an important question. Unfortunately, sometimes some info gets lost during transfer to the Insurers system. There is also a problem with some Insurers systems, if you go back through the quote information and don't buy straightaway. Going back through the various Insurers screens can cause some info to be lost and you have to make sure the final declared info is accurate before you click to buy.

And in regard to voidance, the FCA ICOBS rules are clear that Insurers should really only void, if the missing or inaccurate information would have meant that no Insurance would have been offered at inception. If they can't prove that underwriting a SP30 for the risk would have mean no Insurance offered, they can't void. But they can charge an increased premium. So do challenge the voidance anyway and go to the FOS if necessary.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Dx100uk and unclebulgaria67.

This was a price comparison site,

I chose the best price read the policy information and then filled in the online firms and paid my insurance.

When Hastings voided the insurance claim,

they said that had they known about the sp30 they may not have provided cover.

It turns out that Hastings had used a company called advantage to insure me.

Should I just send an SAR or should I call Hastings and ask for any information that he have about me and my policy.

Many thanks moonlandings

Phone and get the complaint started.

If you ask for data held as part of the complaint they should provide it.

But to act as belt and braces,

Follow up in writing and include SAR request.

This is just in case they don't provide all info in respose to complaing.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you fir your reply unclebulgaria67,

is there a template letter on here that I could adapt for my situation?

I will call them and ask for the information,

this all happened in August 2016,

is it ok to take action now?

moonlandings 07:32 18th December 2017

Well the silence is defeaning.....kinda what I've come to expect on this forum really....I would like to thank you all for your help, but I can't,because you didn't.

nice to see you thanking us..after the above

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

dx100uk, I thought that was a perfectly true statement to make,if you look through the thread there wasn't a great deal of help, even though nobody knows me from this forum certain individuals seem to have taken a dislike to me, for whatever reason, and it shows in the replys or, lack of them. This is a new thread, for an issue I'm seeking help with if you would rather I didn't use thus forum then please just say so so we dint have to go through all the silly games.....

Many thanks

Moonlandings

Moonlandings on this site you get the info you need, and with DX, Uncle B & Honeybee you got exactly the info you need without waffle.

Do not bite the hand that feeds you is the only advice i might suggest alongside the excellent advice you have already been given.

Warrenbuffet I appreciate your response, but it isn’t about this thread which I agree I have had good help with my questions. It is about a previous thread nothing to do with this one. The hand that feeds me eh, where do I doff my cap to as I’m a mere peasant