Arrived just over 27 hours later

Isiris
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2298 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Just looking for some advice on this one please.

We flew to Hong Kong stopping over in Dubai for 2 hours before connecting onwards to HK. Our flight was delayed in landing due to fog. We landed at 9.26 and our flight was due to leave at 9:55

When we landed, there was emirates staff fast tracking people flying to Auckland and Melbourne through the gates. Upon research today, both these flights were scheduled to leave at 10:10

We proceeded to the gate to find the gate closed and deserted and thought the plane had left. Upon further research, the plane took off at 11:01

We went to customer support and there was 8 in our party.

2 had travelled business and we were economy.

We were told economy was full but there was space in business but would cost us £1200 to upgrade.

This was on a flight at 7:10 that evening.

We said no as we were all travelling together and some couldnt afford it

we ended up all flying out on the 3:15 am flight.

This resulted in us arriving in Hong Kong, 27 hours late.

We also had prepaid for our hotel and missed out on 4 rooms at £180 per night for the rooms.

My questions are

1. Do we have any for of monetary claim for the late arrival

2. Should Emirates have out is in business class anyway, irrelevant of us having to pay as we were the first ones chasing the space.

3. Can we claim for the lost hotel cost that we had already incurred.

Many thanks

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth

4 passengers together

2x2 passengers together

Christmas day to Dubai from Manchester EK20

Supposed to catch EK380

Ended up on EK382

Thanks

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth

I was in the 4 passengers together travelling Economy

When we checked in at Manchester we were given both boarding passes for the Emirates flights from the Emirates desk.

The booking reference is the same for the whole journey though different boarding cards.

E-Ticket Number : ....

Ticket Issue Date: Thursday , August 17 Booking Ref: ..

Ticket Issue Agency : SOUTHALL TRAVEL Airline Ref : ///

Thats whats on the reference section from Southall Travel.

Ok, that’s good.

Did Emirates make a PA about connections during approach before landing in DXB?

They are usually very good at ensuring transfer pax make their connections, even when delayed.

I don’t quite understand how you could have missed the connection, but that’s an aside.

Did Emirates feed and water you during your extended layover in DXB?

The airline is claiming fog as the delay into DXB and I see that you were held in the arrival pattern for just over an hour which indicates traffic issues into DXB.

One of the concerns I have is that neither flight you were booked on were delayed enough to qualify for a compensation claim and I’d say your 27 hour delay is due to missing your connection and I’m not sure what to recommend in that respect until you clarify what happened prior to arrival in DXB and during transfer.

Have a look at the CAA guidelines...

https://www.caa.co.uk/Passengers/Resolving-travel-problems/Delays-cancellations/Delays/Long-haul-delays--compensation/

Hi and thanks for your reply

No, no mention of what to do re connections except turn right when alighting the bus.

As I mentioned above, there was agents seeking passengers for Auckland and also for Melbourne,

both flights scheduled to leave 10 minutes after ours though ours actually departed over 1 hour late.

Yes, we were sent to a Hotel for approx 8 hours for a shower as we had no clothes as our bags were somewhere in DXB waiting to join our flight to HK

Again, this is very strange for Emirates.

They KNOW who is onboard with connections and they know what seat they are in.

They always make announcements about transfers and are generally good at rushing people through...

You state the gate was closed for your HK leg,

which would be quite normal if you arrived after normal closing time

BUT your tickets are supposedly through tickets

so Emirates would have known you were going to make it, just,

and would likely have held for you,

even if only only for a few moments.

Is it possible you missed announcements?

Made a wrong turn in the airport that further delayed you?

Based on what I see so far I don’t think you have a claim for anything, TBH.

seems to me they made an error on transfer and are blaming airline - no doubt all on mobile phones as usual and missing calls over tannoy ? seen it so many times, try claiming bet they loose? be interesting if they do not!

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

sorry, not clear from original post. unless bought as a package many flights like this are split at the time of booking so the first leg undoubtedly covered but the second leg not necessarily so.

Would still be recommending looking at waht the insurance says about missed flights as that will have a lot of leverage on the airline(s)

The OP booked a through ticket so EU regs do apply. The debate is whether there is a claim or not.

Old Cogger you arrogance holds no boundaries does it.

Should have known your input would be useless when your first comment it to question routing from Manchester to Hong Kong.

For your information

the 2 travelling business have 2 properties in Dubai and travel there 8-10 times a year.

I travel frequently through DBX on business and have never missed a connection yet.

Please don't judge everyone by your own abilities and traits.

The only announcement that was made on the plane was for passengers to turn right on leaving the bus to make connections.

When we did they wete asking for customers to Aukland and Austrailia nothing about Hong Kong.

The two business class passengers are gold flyers with Emirates so are going to try first then see what they are offered then seek recompense pro rata

the connection is a point and how it was missed as calls over Tanoy would of been announced??

?? = question i.e. were any announced?

secondly when I was transiting Through Riyadh the onward flight to the Far East was delayed for 4-5 hours and we could see work being carried out on the 747 wing area, due to that flight starting from outside the EU no claim was allowed in respect of the delay element!

I travel to the Far East at least once a year many routes and calls to passengers by name quite regular occurance no matter which route I have taken!

In fact I am in the Far East responding here.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad: