• Tweets

• Oil and gold prices have jumped, while shares have fallen.View the full article
    • Thank you for your reply, DX! I was not under the impression that paying it off would remove it from my file. My file is already trashed so it would make very little difference to any credit score. I am not certain if I can claim compensation for a damaged credit score though. Or for them reporting incorrect information for over 10 years? The original debt has been reported since 2013 as an EE debt even though they had sold it in 2014. It appears to be a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 Section 13 and this all should have come to a head when I paid the £69 in September 2022, or so I thought. The £69 was in addition to the original outstanding balance and not sent to a DCA. Even if I had paid the full balance demanded by the DCA back in 2014 then the £69 would still have been outstanding with EE. If it turns out I have no claim then so be it. Sometimes there's not always a claim if there's blame. The CRA's will not give any reason for not removing it. They simply say it is not their information and refer me to EE. More to the point EE had my updated details since 2022 yet failed to contact me. I have been present on the electoral roll since 2012 so was traceable and I think EE have been negligent in reporting an account as in payment arrangement when in fact it had been sold to a DCA. In my mind what should have happened was the account should have been defaulted before it was closed and sold to the DCA who would then have made a new entry on my credit file with the correct details. However, a further £69 of charges were applied AFTER it was sent to the DCA and it was left open on EE systems. The account was then being reported twice. Once with EE as open with a payment arrangement for the £69 balance which has continued since 2013 and once with the DCA who reported it as defaulted in 2014 and it subsequently dropped off and was written off by the DCA, LOWELL in 2021. I am quite happy for EE to place a closed account on my credit file, marked as satisfied. However, it is clear to me that them reporting an open account with payment arrangement when the balance is £0 and the original debt has been written off is incorrect? Am I wrong?
    • OMG! I Know! .... someone here with a chance to sue Highview for breach of GDPR with a very good chance of winning, I was excited reading it especially after all the work put in by site members and thinking he could hammer them for £££'s and then, the OP disappeared half way through. Although you never know the reason so all I can say is I hope the OP is alive and well regardless. I'd relish the chance to do them for that if they breached my GDPR.
    • The streaming giant also said it added 9.3 million subscribers in the first three months of the year.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Miserable at work

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2244 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Or the age old remedy when a good job goes bad. Start going to interviews!

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good old days when a punch in the face would have sorted all of this immediately...

No police, no investigation, no emails, no paperwork, just a good old "get back in your cage" punch.

Sometimes I'm so tempted to do it one more time in modern days just to see if it still works.

Obviously op, don't do it, unless you're as old school as me and can blame your age.

Violence doesnt solve anything. It will end up with you in prisons or a hefty fine and criminal record simply because you didnt go through the proper procedure. Please dont give advice like this again.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Good old days when a punch in the face would have sorted all of this immediately...

No police, no investigation, no emails, no paperwork, just a good old "get back in your cage" punch.

Sometimes I'm so tempted to do it one more time in modern days just to see if it still works.

Obviously op, don't do it, unless you're as old school as me and can blame your age.

What days are you talking about? The Wild West? Because a punch in the face would have been considered assault even decades ago.

I'd love to have shot a few bosses, or at least to have wrecked their offices and IT systems, but I knew that would be a criminal offence and I could end up with a record if not in prison, so I took them to the Tribunal instead. Got a small settlement in 2004 and a much better one in 2016. It does take time and patience though.

I doubt you could use your age as mitigating circumstances when facing criminal charges for assault.

Mine wasn't advice, just vented frustration at the op situation.

Being a small company with family at the top i doubt anything rather than ET could solve it.

Someone suggested finding another job and this seems the best solution.

Look for another company to work for, give notice and leave them.

They'll miss you more than you'll miss them.

listen, in all honesty.......this is my 10ps worth and im not keyed up very well..

however...noone is above you or below on a human scale..yeah they have a 'position' above you..Noone should be screaming at you.

Your first port of call is to start looking for another job role,

if you want to take the company on...it depends what the best outcome is, as in endgame.

Now someone did mention a punch in the face..im all on that suggestion, but punch in the face doesnt achieve much. Theres many more ways to sting someone on a personal scale..regardless.. the overview is its just a job.

Even if you resolve any issues, there will always be an undercurrent. Start looking and get out.

Thanks all for your input. I am actively looking for another job and have had two interviews.

Just an update:- I sent the following email and I will also type his response. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

Director (I won't give his name for obvious reasons)

With me being out of the office yesterday and this morning I appreciate that we haven't had the time to discuss what happened in the kitchen in front of xxxxx and within earshot of the whole office on Wednesday morning.

I have to say I was shocked and very upset to be spoken to like that by you considering our long standing close working relationship. I have always given my all to the company and to be sworn at and shouted at like that in front of other members of staff was a huge shock.

You know that I am a single working mother and to feel that I cannot speak to you frankly or that I cannot approach you is distressing to say the least.

Perhaps we can discuss this when you return from holiday?

Response:

Unfortunately it was an accumulation of the way you have conducted yourself with me and your ongoing negative and oppositional stance to pretty much everything I ask you to do that led me to lose my temper. I am only human and that conversation tipped me over the edge that day.

To say that your negativity and general attitude causes me stress would be a huge understatement. It is proving to be a huge strain on me and affecting my day both in and out of the office.

I went to great lengths to go out of my way to discuss matters with you on the evening of the xth January 2018 and to let you know exactly how I wanted you to change attitude wise and how I wanted you to revert to your old self. Things seemed to have improved for a few weeks and I had hoped that you had turned a corner. However in the last week or so you seem to have reverted to type and this has been hugely disappointing and stressful.

Regardless I am of course happy to discuss this with you face to face when I return.

Edited by honeybee13
Removing colleague name and date

B**ll*cks

you bring up a load of irrelevant chatter and dont say what you expect to happen and that allows him to turn it around and blame you.

You have done yoyurself no favours. Is this your company grievance procedure when compalining about an assault by another member fo staff, you writea nice email to the person who attacked you?

No Ericsbrother its isn't. The problem is there is NO GRIEVANCE PROCEDURE. People are required to go through their line manager (I am the line manager) and then if not successful then to the Director (the person who attacked me). I have never come across this in the work place which is why I came here for advice, nice to know that I have done myself no favours.

Not quite sure what I should have done ........................

No Ericsbrother its isn't. The problem is there is NO GRIEVANCE PROCEDURE. People are required to go through their line manager (I am the line manager) and then if not successful then to the Director (the person who attacked me). I have never come across this in the work place which is why I came here for advice, nice to know that I have done myself no favours.

You state you are the line manager and I presume you therefore hold a position of authority over other staff members. I further assume, as a manager, you are a responsible and intelligent person.

Would it not be reasonable for someone in a position of authority to have a moral responsibility to understand the very basics of employment law within the context of their role? I would have thought that everyone in a management role would have made themselves aware of grievance procedures, whether formally recorded or not*, and the requirements of the employer to have a grievance procedure.

*your employer is required by law to have a written grievance procedure. A ten second internet search would have revealed this.

I do have a basic knowledge (not sure where the moral responsibility comes in) but I am no expert. My role is purely Sales (although a year ago I was cited as the most senior person in the company, my Director has recently changed that verbally I hasten to add not in writing).

If I am totally honest I was worried about a formal grievance (ACAS gave two lots of advice) as it is such a small company only 10 of us here. I am a single parent, have a disabled son and need my wage.

I have seen sight of the Grievance Procedure and that is to go to me - and then him and I did.

Drunken phone calls at the weekend? Asking you out for a drink? wow!! And the director is OK with this? And I agree with Erics brother, this would not be happening if you were a man.

I know this has happened at the company where I work, and it was reported to HR, the perpetrator (senior manager) was sacked. Do you have an HR person / department with a complaints procedure?

Everything else is bad, but

The phone calls, really take this over the edge

https://www.gov.uk/report-stalker

The guy is stalking you and it's a crime, report it to the police.

Did you do anything about this, is that guy still calling you at all hours?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

No he isn't he has been told to stop by the Director and he has thankfully. I have been totally undermined by the Director - I emailed him directly about a new customer's booking about to go wrong and he forwarded to the Controllers (I am copied into the Group he obviously forgot). With words to the effect of - I've told her not to come in here (the open plan office) like a bull in a china shop so this is now basically what I get (attaching the email). I am now just sitting back watching his company turn to **** rather than mention it. I only get undermined if I do but considering that I am out of the office twice a week walking the streets in a bid to get work, I think I am entitled to be fed up if the customer isn't looked after, it is after all my professional reputation at stake here. I am customer facing whereas they are not.

Ok that is excellent news, no more weird calls !

In my opinion, get another job, it's great you are looking at the moment. In fact the job market for good sales people is booming right now. !In six months all this will be a distant memory, and it will be your current company's loss.

Work for a company with a proper HR department, where I work they are absolutely brilliant at sorting out these sort of problems.

Thank you London1971 - I am actively looking and have applied for a couple today. I just feel for nearly 5 years of hard work and loyalty this is how I get repaid. As you say their loss. Sooner I am out of here the better.

yes there is, just because your copmpany doesnt want to use employemnt law doesnt mean it doesnt exist.

I would bet that the company has more than 1 director listed in its Companies House register so you can always write to the other directors and you can still take the matter up externally.

What shuld you have done? waited until he was back from hols and make a formal comlaint about his behaviour and reiterate that it is assault Your comments about being a sigle mum are completely irrelevant to any of this and as said that has allowed him to mitigate his actions because it look like you are trying to mitigate something you have done by mentioning this or it may be seen as an effort to appease because you are showing desparation to keep in the job.

Just telling him he had failed to behave in a way that fits in with employment and human rights legislation ( always a tricky one as many see this as not being applicable or the last refuge of scoundrels) but whatever you want to put across has to be formal and fit in with the legislation or protocols you would with to use so ACAS code of conduct for example.

That is why I showed despair at your communication.

Lets face it, the trust between yourself and the compay has broken down so dont start worrying about what he thinks of you at this late stage. Get that CV out there and despite what you mays ee as hostile posting I am wanting you to get a resut out of this so the bullying caveman may possibly have to start and learn a few things or risk his business turning to dust

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

ericsbrother - Yes there are 2 directors. My boss and his wife. He has followed up with me and asked when I wanted to discuss my email. I have said at his earliest convenience.

I have downloaded a voice recorder to my phone and will use that. I am applying for lots of jobs - I am sure something will come up soon. In the meantime, I keep myself to myself and offer no input at all so that I cannot get shouted at again.

get writing to the other director as well. taliking wont get you anywhere, you need a paper trail and one that shows hubby up may well get an earful at home unless she is a director just to be a shareholder and reduce their tax burden. even so the thought of being dragged up in front of a tribunal when you now nothing may well get her to at least ask him what the hell is going on.

So, you put together a proper written grievance letter and present it to HER

Good idea - she is a shareholder to reduce the tax burden. No input into the business at all. Of late I have also noticed lots of unsavoury (I am sure illegal) methods of gaining more revenue. It really does not sit well with me so I have to get out of here. I am not dishonest and can't work for anyone who is.

I am sure what he is doing is against the law. I will keep it to myself at present - not sure I would have the heart to use it anyway BUT it does make me feel ashamed to work here. I cannot condone what is happening. Awful way to run a business.