civil service pension

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2074 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

i,m trying to get a calculation for my csps pension

i have contacted them with these figures that i have

classic pension scheme for 7 years value £1956 per annum plus lump sum

premium pension scheme for 5 years 130 days value £2902

The change in pension schemes was because i left and returned to the same job role but had to join the newer premium scheme

In total my total number of years in service was 12 years 130 days on pensionable earnings of £29,215

The figure ive been quoted by the csps is £3005 per annum which i think is wrong by my calculations it should be £4858

ive asked to see the formula used and figures they have used to come up with this figure

Is it possible to SAR the csps to see what information they have

Yes. SAR them.

You will need to look at the rules applicable at the time

so you can see whether the break in service means the first lot of pension is frozen

or whether it is bundled together for determining year of PENSIONABLE service as this is different from actual service.

The Pensions Advisory Service may be able to answer that point and then you will know the answer to what is the correct amount

• 6 months later...

Just an update my union (POA) submitted a internal complaint on my behalf

Due to the administrators of the fund being changed my old and newer pensions were not amalgamated they are now and it's sorted

However the length of time taken for any response is incredibly long

Absolute joke mate everything takes so long

No matter how many times over the last 3 years I explained it to them they just kept sending me a statement for the second part of my service no mention of the first part

The poa put in an internal dispute with them and it was sorted 40 days later telling me that they had found the first classic pension part and that they would recalculate the award that then took another 40 days after numerous ignored emails

I started getting it sorted early as I'm not 60 till next year but it just goes to show you have to be on the ball with them

A friend of mine worked for the nhs for thirty years when he asked about his pension the pension department had never heard of him

luckily for him he'd kept every wage slip with his pension contributions on that's what made me decide to check mine sooner rather than later

Old cogger prison service is worked out on final salary scheme the old classic from my first part of service is worked out on 1/80 th per year with a lump sum of 3x yearly pension

The second part of service is premium pension which 1/60 th per year with no lump sum obviously index linked

The contribution was into a widows and orphans fund I can't really remember how much possibly about 36/40 a month

Which can be claimed back if you never married which unfortunately I did

I was granted a voluntary early departure about 4 years ago when my goal closed

So the new scheme which has a high contribution didn't apply to me

No I was with a large department store, but take overs etc changed pension rights and schemes all the time, inevitably I lost out, although some adjustment was made in the end after I was unfairly dismissed (sometime after) the old story corporation take over and then put their own managers in and discard the loyal ones from years!, but % ages were being thrown around against years & income, I was sold short but some adjustment after a hell of a fuss! and that was 12+ years service = but as usual seem to loose out from original scheme, so even I lost in the mathematics being thrown around at the time. Alpha n Omega

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Sorry to hear that inevitably new schemes are never as good as the old one hence why they implement them

Mine had a better ratio % to years but the lump sum was removed

But when I joined it was part of my remuneration package the wages were decent when you progressed through the incremental pay scale but the **** I had to put up with pays off with the pension but sadly the new starts won't get the same pension

Which is probably why they let me take VEDS