Good internet sites-insurance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2306 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have not placed this thread in Insurance, because it is more about experience of using online sites to buy Insurance.

Have woken up early and not got back to sleep (annoying) i decided to sort out some Home Insurance.

After going through various different sites, Axa, Aviva, Allianz, L&G, Tesco, Halifax, I decided to visit Barclays. Although Barclays use Aviva, the experience of using their site was so much better than all of the companies mentioned including Aviva. The information was so much clearer and the functionality of the site was light years ahead.

And Barclays don't rip you off with a high interest for monthly payments and don't have the admin fees that others charge. I saved over £100 a year compared to the other companies and for much better cover. And i can now access my Barclays Insurance details online and if I want to, I can amend the cover, to include extras that I opted out of at the start.

I have no connection to Barclays ( don't Bank or work for them) but I am impressed by their online sites. I have always Banked with one of their competitors, but if their Internet provision is as good as the Insurance, I might look at swapping.

Ps. I don't use comparison sites, as they are not a very good way of buying Insurances and by using them, you are selling all of your data to them. They will sell your data to any company that has a contract with the comparison site, even if they never offered a quote for your Insurance details.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I agree with you.

Barclays websites, banking and insurance have been designed with simplicity in mind.

With regards to comparison websites, i do use them to get an idea of where to get a cheaper price, but the following weeks i get hundreds of telephone calls of all sorts, ambulance chasers, ppi, loans,mobile offers, etc.

This gives me an opportunity to block all of these numbers so every year i get less calls.

In July i renewed my car insurance and only got 6/7 cold calls.

Unfortunately this is the digital world we live in.

M&S do very good simple contents insurance, with 0% interest on monthly payments.

£17 a month for 100k of cover.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

M&S do very good simple contents insurance, with 0% interest on monthly payments.

£17 a month for 100k of cover.

I am only paying £6 a month more than that to include buildings cover and legal cover.

The £100k contents cover would be good value if you had £100k worth of contents in your property. Of course you are only really covered for the replacement value of what you do have.

BB, if your contents are worth less than £20k and you have not claimed within 5 years, there might be cheaper options out there.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

BB, if your contents are worth less than £20k and you have not claimed within 5 years, there might be cheaper options out there.

Yeah, I've often thought of that, TBH it just gives me peace of mind, as I don't have to gor round the place trying to tot up what costs what etc, plus it gives me 12k of cover for goods away from home, and I often have one bag with 10k of camera kit in, god forbid that ever went missing!

I might just have a look around this year..... :thumb: UB

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!