Miss representation of Flights refund

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2286 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

back in January 2017 i booked online flights to go to Florida from London.

When I purchased the flights i thought that i was booking :-

- Direct flight from London to Florida

- Indirect flight from Florida to London via JFK.

When it finally came to the holiday i arrived at LHR to check in only to find that not only was my flight not direct, but, it had a 7 hour stop at Detroit!

Clearly i was very unhappy, and want a full refund of my flights.

Fortunately at the time of booking the flights online i took a screen shot of the booking (attached image)

you can clearly see on the image the the outbound flight appears to be direct, and the inbound flight clearly shows a stop.

I have raised a complaint with the travel company who refute my claim.

They say that the stop a detroit was a hidden stop for refeuling and that passengers were not supposed to disembark the plane, therefore it was a direct flight.

The airline 24hours before the actual flight the changed the schedule, thus my tough luck at 7 hours.

My complaint was that the outbound flight should have clearly shown the stop, thereby giving me the opportunity to not book it.

I feel that this flight was miss sold and miss represented as i would not have booked 2 indirect flights.

The travel company say they sent me the e ticket in july and it was my responsibility to check all was good.

I dont agree with this, as in my opinion, i would not have booked the flights in the first place.

I did not realise anything was wrong until check in, at which point it was too late to not go ahead.

And as i got on the plane, they state i have accepted the goods as sold.

Do I have a legitimate court case to claim misselling?

Document_001.pdf

So hang on the travel agents are saying that they sent you a e ticket in July and you should have checked they ticket was correct but they also say the change was only made 24 hours before the flight. So there own argument about the July e ticket is null and void anyway as the changes were made after.

Personally l would in writing and asking for a written reply ask when they sent the eticket and when the changes to the flights were made as someone has to accountable for the miscommunication

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

It is the passenger's resp to check accuracy of ticket info when they are received.

Flights can be modified/cancelled at any time for various reasons, but a 7hr stopover in Detroit suggests more than for refuelling,

IMO you can't claim a total refund of all tickets, but you may have an option, under EU Regs, to claim for a UK outbound flight, based on final arrival time.

Who you booked this with online would be helpful so we can see there T&Cs?

Are they registered member of other organisations on there website?

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

No stop over is mentioned on the outbound ticket, just departure and arrival times.

Flying East to West across the Atlantic is flying against the jet stream, which takes more fuel and there were several Atlantic storms in 2017, so if the fuel was miscalculated, it is possible the a/c had to land & refuel en route.

Despite an unplanned 7hr delay be grateful you arrived & returned safely.

Have you tried claiming for Stat. EU flight delay compensation rather than insisting on full ticket refund for both out & inbound legs? (which you ain't going to get).