• Tweets

• Hi LFI, With regard to the ANPR cameras in your post #65, while I was on the phone to the Planning Department, they did take a look at Google Streetview and went back to 2012 where they could see the ANPR cameras in place so therefore they would have deemed consent. I had previously read the T&C Planning Regulations and had read the section on deemed consent so I understood the point they made on the phone. It doesn't matter though, that doesn't harm my case any, and I shouldn't really mention this now, (this is what you reminded me of on another thread) but in the past I was a member of a scheme that gave me access to legal advice, I have spoken to a barrister previously through this scheme on another matter and I think I am still a member. I am going to check if I am still a member of the scheme, and if I am I will discuss my case with a barrister or solicitor, whichever the scheme deems appropriate. I will let you know the outcome. I am also going to take Bankfodders advice in the sticky and go to the local court and ask if I can sit in on a case in the Judges office.
    • deed?  you mean consent order you and her signed? concluding the case as long as you nor she break it's conditions signed upto? dx Yes sorry. they called it a deed at first in court.  Then Judge said she was happy to have it sealed as something else  exact names of orders in message above.     The disease was tested for when his cardiac testing was done immediately after purchase and part of the now sealed case.   However, results were disclosed incorrectly and I only found out  two days ago.   This disease did not form part of my knowledge during the case as I had been informed of a normal result that was not the case.   it is perfect clarity of a genetic disease where as the previous cardiac issue could be congenital until the pup is genetically tested. 
    • Hi, Halifax recently sold a credit card account of mine to Cabot. I am unemployed and have no assets and was thinking of making token £1 payments for 12-18 months in order to drag things out a bit and reduce the chance of Cabot being able to get the correct CCA documents from Halifax if I requested them in future. However, I saw on the pages on this forum about defending county court claims that one of the standard approaches when defending such claims is to say “I had an account with bank X, but I don’t remember the details and so don’t know if I owe this debt…”. If I made £1 payments to Cabot, would it prevent me from using such a defence in future? OC: Halifax DC: Cabot/Wescot Card account opened: 2016 Defaulted: 2023
    • Paperwork says sealed consent order and composite settlement agreement      YES  ADDISONS DISEASE 
    • Hi, This may be the wrong place for a thread BUT If you receive a defence, can you send a CPR 31.14 request for document mentioned in the defence, and then apply to proceed with the case only after (14) days passed or they respond OR is it only if you receive a claim I see @dx100uk thread is for when you receive a claim, but can you also do the same when you receive a defence?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

First Utility

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2279 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I changed to these suppliers last March/April after going through U-Switch price comparison and what a nightmare that has proved to be.

Although Direct Debit amount was agreed, and in fact placed at a higher amount, I have yet to pay them one single penny.

I have e-mailed their "Customer Services" continually throughout 2012 to tell them that the DD is not set up, only to get responses that "I am paying by DD."

I have had no demands from them for money, no correspondence saying DD failed, they have just continued asking for meter readings.

I finally raised a compalint with them in December and was told that I was on variable DD and full amount would be taken.

On asking for copy of disputes procedure, I was sent a copy of their internal path for any complaints, with supervisors names, no mention of a higher independant authority.

Who is overseeing these companies? Who do I complain to?

Wish I had never heard of them, they are a joke/

Don\'t let the B**tards grind you down

ofgen i would assume

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i think its gone on long enough

time for them to answer to someone that can bring them to course

sounds very unfair to me.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Oh well that was a waste of time, since I first raised complaint over 9 months ago Ombudsman will not get involved unless "Deadlock" is reached.

I wonder where these government departments earn their money, as there all pretty useless.

• 7 months later...

Raised it once again through Ombusman, the billing is OK, their fault regarding the DD farce, awarded £300 compensation, letter of apology and put on a 24 month debt repayment plan.

Now enquiring whether I can now move away, once Debt Repayment Plan set up, reply from Ombudsman will be interesting.

Ombudsman non commital, the points I asked for clarification were not in my original complaint.

1. Can I move once debt repayment set up.....Ombudsman:- Probably not, First Utility can retain you.

2. Will this affect my Credit reference File.......Ombudsman:- Do not know.

3. Does the "Code of Practice" apply i.e. can only back bill 12 months.....Ombudsman:- No answer.

I give up.

• 4 months later...

Well still going on, now heading for 2 years, still not paid them one round bean, FU have not complied with OFGEM's requirements.

Now hitting my head off a wall, e-mailed OFGEM 6 times, eventually phoned them, said they would forward my request to compliance department.

RESULT:- FU phone house "Ombudsman told us to phone" I was not in at the time, told to phone back after 3pm, 0ver 20 days and still waiting on the return call!!!

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Had enough aggro with First Utility and intend going on Small Claims track for the time, correspondence, e-mails and worry I have spent in dealing with this outfit.

I intend to issue a Subject Access Request on them, is it worded the same as the library one or are there tweeks for utility companies?

no that will do with the obv tweeks mind!

dx

and they

Thanks dx100uk for combining the threads, Energy Ombudsman is a joke, entering year 4 and still not paid them, apparently due them over £6K.

Still cannot set up DD and still arguing about loyalty bonus, must have e-mailed them 50+ times, phoned them (when you can get through) had 3 years of misery and will pay them off when I get correct bill. Will then proceed to Court to claim back time and worry this has caused me.

Have asked the question regarding back billing under the following conditions:-

• Failed to do anything about a query or fault you have raised regarding your account or meter and subsequently allowed a large debt to build up on your account;

• Failed to reassess a payment arrangement (eg. Direct Debit) within 15 months, or failed to reassess based on a reasonable estimate.

Let's see what FU come back with, answer could be in their initials!!!!

That's true Mike, but who carries the conditions through, cannot see FU doing it, even though they are part of the scheme.

UK energy have no complaints procedure, their advice is Ombudsman and Citizens Advice, both about as much use as an ashtray on a bike.

Have e-mailed relevant organizations, will wait on their reply.

Have asked the question regarding back billing under the following conditions:-

• Failed to do anything about a query or fault you have raised regarding your account or meter and subsequently allowed a large debt to build up on your account;

• Failed to reassess a payment arrangement (eg. Direct Debit) within 15 months, or failed to reassess based on a reasonable estimate.

Let's see what FU come back with, answer could be in their initials!!!!

Good luck with that one! I haven't been waiting for answers from them for as long as you seem to overall, but communication appears to be non-existent with them.

If you do go down the SAR route, I will give you a heads-up that I sent one to them end of last month and it took them over 3 weeks to cash the £10 cheque in. They're supposed to reply within 40 days and I guess since it's been over a week since then that it wasn't a case of them doing the work and then banking the cheque as the last thing. I would suggest making sure that you give as much information about you and your account to help them identify you at the first attempt and sending it recorded delivery - do not give them the excuse to delay things.

Any pearls of wisdom that I give on the CAG forums is based on previous experiences and knowledge I have gained from being on these forums.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well SAR signed for on 13th May and now being chased by HYDRON for the full amount.

Thinking of replying to tell them of problems that have been ongoing since 2012 with £2000. payment, this would be approx amount for last 12 months.

Will go small claims route if I pay them off i.e. the full £6404.00.

Any thoughts???

prob says our client first utility?

dx

and they

as are all dca's.

the point is, they don't own the debt

only the owner of debt 'could' actually 'do' anything

hence the client question.....

and they

Sorry DX did not understand your reply.

HYDRON letter starts :- Your supplier First Utility have asked us to contact you......etc.

Have made payment of £2000. this morning direct to FU, still awaiting SAR response.

Also had letter from them dated 6 days ago, but sent recorded delivery, the backbilling code does not apply.

simple fact is they are a DCA

they have no powers

their client, as you say is FU.

ignore them

they are not bailiffs

no DCA ever will be

dx

and they

So HYDRON visited my home today, I was out at the time, left letter warning of Court warrant application, locksmiths, meter changers, etc., along with their costs.

No appointment was made by them and as I understand it that is totally against DCA guidelines, have sent them e-mail stating that.