Dodgy advertising contract issue

CazD72
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2290 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am sole trader beauty therapist who was approached by what I thought was a local doctors surgery rep offering advertising on the back of appointment cards.

I agreed to meet with the sales rep who was acting on behalf of the Leisure Medical company handling the advertising and he came to meet Me at my home.

The advertising seemed like a good deal at £295 for 2 years advertising & with over 2000 cards being printed I agreed.

The rep filled out an order form/contract which was attached to his business folder/notepad.

The spring clip covering the wording “This is a minimum Two Year Agreement subject to the terms & conditions herein”

The sales guy was ‘lovely’

talked me though what happens next

that I would receive full details through the post.

I duly signed for £295 & paid £156 deposit by debit card.

Now the sales guy filled his name and signed and I was handed a folded piece of yellow paper (my copy) in 4 with a paper clipped business card attached to ‘keep safe’.

A couple of days later I noticed the deposit had been taken yet no correspondence from the company,

I emailed the email address saying I had not heard from them.

A week or so later I received artwork.

A few days after that I got a letter from my bank saying they couldn’t set up he standin order as the collection was infrequent, and this rang alarm bells!

Next day I get a letter from this company Leisure Medical saying they couldn’t collect

Payment £156 was due in 7 days.

I didn’t like the tone of the letter

I called them & was told you signed a contract you’ve got to pay up and I owed £156 immediately plus another instalment of £156 plus £95+ VAT!

This was not the £295 on the contract!

I dug put the paperwork only to Find there was a whole list of T & Cs on the back that I was not shown and was deliberately kept from seeing!

There was also £195 faintly added on which was not on the contract when I signed

I think the sales rep added this on when adding his signature.

Ive since stopped any debit card payments from being taken and googled the company only to feel Sick to my stomach that there have bad review after bad review saying they’ve conned people, they change the amount etc. etc.

My question is

although I’ve signed a contract business to business

do I have any consumer rights as

A) it was signed in my home &

B) I’m a sole trader beauty therapist.

ah oldest sc@m in the book.

several threads about like companies pulling the same advertising stunts here in general retail.

pers id simply ignore them.

don't forget any stupid DCA they get onto you are NOT BAILIFFS

and have

NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS.

did you get all your moneyback?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No, I’ve only just realised what this company is all about after doing some digging past few days after alarm bells rang.

I feel sick with worry but not sure what to do. Is ignoring me way forward? There are literally loads of posts on lots of different forums hat have been sc@med by them! I’m just worried as Trading Standards day if you’ve aimed a contract it’s legally binding

go do a chargeback

ring you bank

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?473624-Section-75-and-Charge-Back..-gt-Whats-the-difference-and-how-to-utilise-them [see post 2 here]

get that money back

don't worry about the signing of the contract

you were done over

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It is your word against theirs regarding the agreement made.

No consumer protection.

However,

as they have a track record of being less than honest it is unlikely that they will do much to pursue this and be happy to keep the money they have already as it is money for nothing.

For the future determine your own marketing solutions and put the phone down on anyone who calls you.

I got caught out when I first started looking for places to advertise by a company that promised me the ad would be seen by hundreds of thousands of people when in reality it would only ever be seen by about a dozen.

That was a cold call.