New Faulty T.V - Very say no!! - **CEO says YES - New t.v +15% off+£45 GOGW**

alamand
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2273 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have purchased an LG tv from Very and it is faulty.

I ordered the tv on the 29th October and it was delivered from the manufacturer on the 11th November.

It started being faulty a week or so later by the sound going off and then a few days later the screen went blue, no picture but had sound.

I rang Very on the 5th December who said it was outside the 4 weeks window to send it back because they count the warranty start date as the order date (29th Oct) not the delivery date (7thNov) and I had to ring the manufacture LG to sort it out which I did and they picked it up on the 13th December.

Today 19th December LG have phoned me to say thet it is the screen that is faulty and they are waiting for a price of the part.

Then I receiced a phone call from an LG engineer saying that it is the mother board that is faulty and he also is waiting for a price.

This T.V is less than 3 weeks old with 2 major faults and I cannot return it or ask for a replacement because Very are saying the order date is the start of the warranty.

I am going to email Very tonight to state all these facts and that I am extremely upset and annoyed but I would like to know if there is anything I can add to strenthen my case in insisting on a new TV as I am not happy about keeping the original one as it would be a refurbished tv with a new tv price tag.

Regards

Alamand

Edited by Andyorch
Paras

What a load of gobbledegook.....Read here....

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?440-The-Consumer-Rights-Act-2015

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Andy

Which section am I needing? Some sections say that if its been returned for repairing, you cannot ask for a replacement. I asked for a replacement but they said no and I had to return it to LG.

Regards

Alamand

you have reported it faulty within 30 days

you are entitled to completely reject the whole deal

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

This is the problem, Very are saying the start day is the order date( 29/10 )and not the delivery date(11/11 ), so when reported it was longer than 30 days from order date even though I was only in the possession of the tv for 3 weeks.

seems they misled there.

sometimes it may seem/be 'easier' to deal direct with a manufacturer, but technically a retailer/distributor etc has a legal responsibilty to deal with such things.

no your claim is against the retailer

sadly very [part of the shop direct group]

ALWAYS state goto the manu

which is not correct

and they know it too

complain to the CEO via email

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks Ford

Its dificult with mail order, their Cust Services are abroad and they just follow their sheets, would never buy anything like that normally but the offer was a lot cheaper than Currys etc, turns out not that good a deal.

when items are ordered over the phone or through the post the retailer usually has 28 days to deliver the goods and then you have time to "inspect" them.

this used to be 14 days and you could return them withloout having to say why.

Now as the item has been with you longer than that and is faulty

then the next section of the Consumer rghts Act comes into play and that gives you 30 days to retrun for a full cash refund if the goods are unsatisfactory.

well, a broken telly certainly is that

so Very are talking bull when they say the warranty starts when you order it,

they know this but dont want the fuss of actually handling the goods themselves becaue they didnt own it in the first place,

just dropshipped it from LG's warehouse.

You need to make it clear that you cannot accept the dissembling of their CS arm and expect them to behave in a manner that fulfils the requiremets of consumer law and either refund or replace the telly forthwith (you dont have to accept a repair and certainly not wait any time for one).

You might want to tell LG that you arent having it fixed and will be buying a different brand as theirs are clearly problematical and difficult to service

and they should tell Very to decide what they want to do with their item as it isnt your problem!

too right great post!

and they

Thanks guys

I've emailed Very a couple of times

on each occasion they email back to ring customer services

each time they say they cannot do anything until LG send them an invoice with the cost of repair.

I have sent them an email that I will no longer ring cust.serv.

that all correspondence must be by email or letter

that I am not accepting a repaired t.v

that I want a new t.v or refund.

I have stated their obligations under the Consumer Rights Act and that they are the retailer and not LG.

I received an email saying that it needed to be passed higher for them to investigate,

will let everyone know the outcome when it is sorted.

One thing I have learned is, do not buy anything electrical from Very.

Regards Alamand

Shop Direct Group

(Empire Stores, Great Universal, isme, Kays, Littlewoods, Very catalogue, very.co.uk, very.com, Very Network, Marshall Ward, Woolworths, Nationwide Debt Recovery, Shopdirect, KAndCo, K&Co)

Mr Matt Dixon

Director

Shop Direct

First Floor

Skyways House

Speke Road

Speke

Liverpool

L70 1AB

Company Number: 04730752

Email: [email protected]

(ceoemail: https://www.ceoemail.com/)

Edited by stu007

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

I emailed Matt Dixon regarding the t.v explaining I wasn't happy and I would like a new one and not a repaired one.

I stated their obligations under Consumer Law and that they were the retailer and so should be dealing with the matter and not put the onus on the customer to sort it out.

I received a reply with the usual apologies etc. but they did agree to a replacement t.v plus 15% off the price and a £45 good will gesture.

Thank you Stu for the email address,

its just a shame that Very's cust.services are so shocking.

I do not think I will be ordering big electrical items from Very again,

I think high st stores are more easier to deal with personally.

Thank you guys for your help

hey well done everyone.

threat title updated as resolved.

please consider a small donation to keep CAG alive

dx

and they

You are more than welcome and well done to you and everyone that assisted

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group