• Tweets

• Your page numbers should run through your WX and exhibits so im concerned its page x of 9.
    • The CMA’s latest monitoring report on road fuel shows that prices at the pump have risen since late January, accompanied by above average margins and spreads.View the full article
    • Paragraph 18 – you are still talking about Boston stolen items. About time this was fixed??? Paragraph 19  In any event, the claimant's PS5 gaming device was correctly declared and correctly valued. The defendant accepted it for carriage and was even prepared to earn extra money by selling sell insurance in case of its loss or damage. New paragraph 20 – this the defendant routinely sells insurance in respect of "no compensation" items (a secondary contract contrary to section 72 CRA 2015) new paragraph above paragraph 20 – the defendant purports to limit its liability in respect of lost or damaged items. This is contrary to section 57 of the consumer rights act 2015. The defendant offers to extend their liability if their customer purchases an insurance cover for an extra sum of money. This insurance is a secondary contract calculated to exclude or limit their liability for the defendants contractual breaches and is contrary to section 72 of the consumer rights act 2015. New paragraph below paragraph 42 – the defendant merely relies on "standard industry practice" You haven't pointed to the place in your bundle of the Telegraph newspaper extract. You have to jiggle the paragraphs around. Even though I have suggested new paragraph numbers, the order I have suggested is on your existing version 5. You will have to work it out for your next version. Good luck!   Let's see version 6 Separately, would you be kind enough to send me an unredacted to me at our admin email address.
    • UK travellers have been turned away at airports because their passports are not valid for EU travel.View the full article
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

been paying Gregory Pennington 12yrs now

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1736 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am asking this for my partner having read numerous posts on the subject

i would just like a bit of advice on the direction she should take

She has been with Gregory for about 12 years as far as she can remember,

she has paid off most of her debts and is not looking to dodge any debts she still has to pay off

Last week she received a call for her annual review she currently pays £35 per week and has never missed a payment

During the annual review (which i told her she was not obligated to do )

she told them that her financial circumstances had not changed

they interrogated her and came to the conclusion that they could no longer help her as she couldn't afford the payments that she had been making

This was mainly because she refused to include both my income and her adult sons income into the equation as none of the debts are anything to do with us

the position she is in now is that she has four debts totalling £2300 which i can pay off in full

The highest being about £900 the lowest £150

at present i cant be more accurate a

s i have not got the information to hand

i think that the money is owed to

Next,Santander and a DCA i cant remember the other one

What i need advice on is should she

A Contact Gregory pennington and ask for account numbers and contact details

B Wait for the companies that she owes the debts to contact her

If she takes option B will this affect her credit file as nothing is showing on it at present

Im hoping that if we deal with the creditors direct that i can secure a discount having never done this before what sort of discount should i ask for

Thanks in advance

oh god 12yrs with greedy pennys

whereby most her money went on paying their fees

I bet 90% of her debts weren't even owed or were unenforceable anyway

as the greedy pennys never ever do any checks

just blindly recommend paying as they get a cut of her payments going out too back from each creditor.

just stop paying them

send GP an sar to get all the details.

the debts cant comeback on her credit file

as they would have been defaulted years ago and already been removed.

oh and when you do get the info

don't go blindly paying anyone

come back here

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 weeks later...

this is the information she has received from greg pennington

National collections office £36 per month balance £940

Debt managers (scotland) £6 per month balance £174 (Next LTD)

National collections office £9 per month balance £255

Cabot Fianancial services £18 per month balance £532 (MBNA Credit card)

Santander UK £23 per month balance £558

I wrote earlier that she has paid off these debts for many years at £140 pm

which means that gp were taking £48 for passing the money on

but they served a purpose

we all know that people react differently to money issues so what has happened in the past regarding gp has happened

What we need to know is the best way forward

Cabot (suprise suprise) and Debt managers Scotland are the first out of the woodwork a letter was received yesterday ,

from there actions i would assume these are the two dodgy ones as they have already started the ball rolling to try to extract money from her

Just in case they start threatening stuff

can any of the debts have interest added by the current holders of the debt as all interest and charges were frozen at the outset

sent them each a CCA request. [cabot, debt managers]

who the beep are National collections office ?

and what are the debt types

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Silly me

Its NCO

A powerless DCA

Can we have the debt types and original creditors please

and they

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay my previous post are about all the details we have I am trying to deal with them as the letters arrive so far only Cabot and national collections have contacted her

Cabot were sent a CCA request they have sent the postal order back and said they will endeavour to locate the information required but it may take more than 12 days they also

offered a discount on the outstanding amount of approximately £100

they also want her to ring and discuss with her where the funds are coming from and that priority bills are up to date if she was able to accept the offer

My thoughts are that they just want to obtain a phone contact so that they can apply pressure on her

you NEVER EVER RING A FLEECING DCA OR THEIR DOGS.

no CCA = NO pay

and even then who says its enforceable!!

Can we have the debt types and original creditors please

and they

Ok im dealing with them as they come in the Cabot one is a credit card MBNA

The national collections one is a Next store card

Santander is a unsecured bank loan

I think the other National collections if littlewoods

At present I'm just in contact with Cabot by letter and email

good one cash cow account removed

hows the sar to greedy penny's doing?

dx

and they

GP are collating all the paperwork which in their words is a very time consuming task how long do they have to complete the task

Also my thoughts are that the other debts won't have the relevant documents to enforce them

At present I'm just waiting for the other creditors to contact her but they do seem rather shy at present which is surprising

40 days if you sent them a SAR??

The reason why they're ''shy'' is because they know they've been rumbled, and will no longer be getting their ill gotten gains.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Still heard nothing from debt managers who i sent a cca request which was a Next card outstanding balance of £168

However I now have a letter from a company called CSL ( credit security ) who say they have been instructed to claim the debt

Should I send these a prove it letter as it looks like its been sold on

If that's the case I doubt whether there's a valid CCA

No send them nothing....... When did you send the CCA request?

TBH a pittance amount under 200 quid is pocket money.

I wouldn't waste my time chasing DCA's and doing their work for them.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

No CCA No pay.

If they're dumb enough to flog it on to another clueless dimwit then that's not your issue.

You simply ignore them for the time being.

CSL/debt managers ...same lot!!

and they

makes you think they have one of what?

and they

Trying to make you think they have A signed credit agreement

To me it just seems like a waste of time if they havnt got a CCA

whats the point of pretending to be another company at the end of the day

they won't be able to produce one either

do you think powerless dca's did anything else but spoof people :lol: that's all they can try and do

sadly 99% of the general population fall for their powerless threats.

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update received reply from credit security Ltd reference CCA request

We are unable to action the enclosed as we are no longer instructed in this matter

Please forward all payments to debt managers --Next

We apologise for the inconvenience

They have returned the postal order