direct bikes - Please help

Soul79
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2293 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a scooter from direct bikes last Saturday and paid for a next day delivery.

On Monday the bike hadn't arrived but I received an email saying that the order was flagged for a security check and that I needed to contact the bank for an authorisation code.

I called the bank and they don't give out authorisation codes to business anymore.

I emailed them the response.

They amend back with....

We already have the authorisation code and the bike cannot be delivered until I can prove I'm the arduous holder.

Well.. The card holder is my father buying the bike for me.

I contacted the bank again and explained everything to them.

As far as the bank (barclays) are concerned there is nothing on their system saying anything about a security check or authorisation code and have confirmed the money has gone through.

I have spoken to Alex (sales and every other department for direct bikes) and all she said was to send an email.

There is no customer service number to call.

I found the email address of the Ceo Thomas and emailed him on Friday but still have no reply.

What should I do now?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Oh dear. How would I go about cancelling the order if they already have the money? Can I go through barclays to reclaim the money or does it have to be through direct bikes? Thank you for replying

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Follow the advice above but monitor this thread for more info later

which thread?

and they

If you're talking about our Twitter account – then it's fine.

If you're talking about our email – then that is fine as well except that we have so few resources at the moment that we haven't managed to produce an email for a few months.

In terms of the extra information I promised you, do be aware that this form is monitored by Direct Bikes and in the past we have received threats/requests to remove material. We have always refused.

Also, customers of Direct Bikes have also received "requests" to delete the material on this forum and sometimes those people have become so anxious about it that they have approached us to remove the posts.

If you do receive approaches and pressure to remove material here then don't worry. Contact us. As long as everything you say is truthful – then there is never anything to worry about.

I'm afraid that the experience so far seems to be that when things go wrong, Direct Bikes can be very difficult to deal with. I have no idea why they should not want to take a little bit more care about maintaining a good reputation.