Parking ticket legallity question

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2311 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can help me with the legalities of parking tickets.

I had to nip in to my local chemist today and had to park on the road at the side which although not blocking anything, it has yellow lines.

I was literally in and out and there was no sign of the meter man when I went in an and as I walked out I saw him walking away from the car.

I'm not disputing that I parked on the lines

but it was like he stalked me

but in his haste he wrote Ford instead of VW

so I was wondering if this would void the ticket on a technicality as I've read of such things in the past.

If anyone can help and give me an idea if its worth trying to fight them over this.

If you broke the regulations, they got you bang to rights.

However, the ticket has to state specific accurate details.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

if the reg is right, theyd go by that. The badge wouldnt stop a pcn, otherwise people would just rebadge their cars to avoid a pcn

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Thanks guys, it was just a thought but the car is obviously a VW and nothing like a ford so Im guessing this guy made a mistake and maybe got confuse3d as to which car was parked there. I know its probably bang to rights but I just thought a technicality might work here if anyone knows the law for sure. thanks for the replys guys, any info will be of much help against the MAN.

we dont condone avoidance here. If you got caught and the PCN was placed correctly, then pay it. If it wasnt, then we can help.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-highway-code/waiting-and-parking-238-to-252

plus its not avoidance if the ticket is deemed incorrectly written,

im just trying to use the law for myself.

If its not the case then no harm done,

I was only asking if anyone knew for sure how the law on this worked,

its a simple question so I just thought it was worth asking,

thanks again to all the helpful people on here.

What does the ticket say. Can you scan it up and on it personal info please.

You parked on double yellows so the ticket would be issued anyway. The ONLY defense you can have is if the info on the ticket was incorrect. So far from what youve said, it isnt.

As far as I can tell, the vehicle make is not essential. CEOs are directed to record it where possible, but it's not mandatory.

However, this is not a case of the vehicle make being omitted - it is stated wrongly, which is a different matter. I think it's certainly worth an appeal, and see what happens.

You drive a VW, not a Ford, so the parking attendant must have made a mistake in writing the number plate.

Also, i guess you have no recollection of being there that day (wink, wink).

sorry, but this is not good advice.

We think everybody here should be straight dealing – even if the companies you deal with are not.