TV delivered broken

Sandas21
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2317 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all... after advice...

Purchased a Samsung 55" tv through a work scheme (comes direct from wages each month).

UK Mail tried and failed to deliver on 3 occasions due to me not being home... (1 day notice was given) . I eventually picked tv up from depot on 1st Dec.. Tv was only thing left on van when it arrived back at depot and was lying flat and not secured..

Got home and unpacked tv very carefully, only to find screen was cracked. Only realised this after we had put stand on and turned it on... I immediatley sent email to the department at work with photo attached.

Heres where my problem is... they got back to me asking for photos of box to check for damage and try and claim from UK Mail,,, no damage to box so that was a dead end... then tried to claim from supplier but they refused and now want tv sent to Samsung. this means the tv has to again be sent by UK Mail.

Tv is already cracked and could sustain further damage in transit and if Samsung refuse to replace it, again goes in transit back to myself..

Any advice on what i could do..

not your problem

its who supplied the tv

its not fit for purpose under cra no matter who did it.

replacement please !!!

else demand your money back.

Samsung will NOT repair a damaged tv, not their problem.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

In addition to the advice above – you must absolutely put it in writing to them.

Take some pictures and then send them and a letter to the seller informing them that the television has arrived broken and that you are rejecting it and that you are invoking your right to reject under the Consumer Rights Act.

Tell them furthermore that in view of the size of the item, the condition of the item and the expense of returning it that they must make their own arrangements to have it collected and that they will need to contact you to give you notice so that you are there for them.

Can you tell us how you paid please.

Just to add, it is absolutely normal for sellers to try and fob things off to the manufacturer.

Do not get trapped into this.

It is absolutely the seller's responsibility.

They have your money and they are the ones who must either refund you or give you a new set – at your option.

As asked above, who sold it to you?

Purchased a Samsung 55" tv through a work scheme (comes direct from wages each month).

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Whoops. I didn't read it thoroughly enough