CRS-Xercise 4 Less

Saif212
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2289 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have a problem with Xercise 4 less due to me cancelling the dd after the 1st month.

I didn't read the terms and conditions of it being a 12 month contract which resulted in them asking for £65 of admin fees.

What do I know do as they want £300 and are threating to add more.

I have cancelled the membership with the excuse of being redundant which is true since I'm 16.

you are a minor

they cant do anything to you.

ignore everything.

a DCA is not a BAILIFF

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Saif and welcome to CAG

Thanks for posting on the open forum as I asked.

1. Did you sign up yourself and give you own bank details for the DD mandate (as opposed to an over-18 adult giving their bank info to pay the gym).

2. Did you make the gym aware that you were under 18; or did you fib about your age; or did they not ask about your age.

You have no need to respond at all to any demand from Harlands/CRS until we know more info.

They cannot do anything and can be safely ignored.

We'll give further opinion when we know more.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thanks Saif

You were wrong to fib about your age but the gym failed to exercise due diligence by NOT seeking proof of your age at the time of joining.

Letter to Harlands/CRS and get free Certificate of Posting at the PO when sending this :-

Dear Harlands,

I refer to demands from you and can confirm that the I was a minor when I started using the gym. No verification was sought about my age by the gym staff even though I was 16.

I never realised, and was never told by gym staff, that this was for a 12 month membership agreement. That is why I cancelled the DD mandate.

In any event, the gym and Harlands/CRS cannot hold me responsible due to my age. If you continue to make demands I will make formal complaints to the relevant authorities.

Yours sincerely,

Saif

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 4 weeks later...

no they haven't

read it properly

doesn't say WILL anything

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They don't do court, ignore them, and please 'forward' those silly text messages they send to 7726 (Spam on your phone keypad), above all else, ignore them.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

As others have said, you've not read the letter properly.

It will be full of "we may" or "if we obtain a CCJ". They'll take NO court action !!

If you want to take a slightly more pro-active approach, simply write to Harlands saying :-

Dear sir or madam,

I refer to your letter of xxdate containing threats, including court action.

I require your written reply that you will take such action despite my being just 16 years old when the gym signed me up.

Or I require your written confirmation that you will stop harassing me for payments.

Yours faithfully,

Send to Harlands address using RM Signed For delivery and keep the receipt.

:-)