Injunction or Restraining order

Surfer01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2322 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We have lived at our home for the past 7 years. Initially our one neighbour was friendly etc but for some strange reason about 3 - 4 years ago he turned nasty. We do not talk to him but every now and then he stirs things.

In the past he has threaten to shoot our cats, this said by shouting over the wall as we cannot see him. Our dogs hardly barks but again he shouts over the wall. If the other dogs in the neighbour bark not a word is said.

One day my wife was standing by the side of the road waiting to cross when he came driving down the road. He then swerved towards her to give her a fright and narrowly missing her. One day as I was leaving our home I saw him in the rear view mirror giving me a Nazi salute. I have a foreign accent but I am not German or from the continent.

There are a number of other things like the compliance officer asking me to come in for an interview as they believed that they had over paid us. This did not worry me and they said it was because we had not notified them of an income. I was sure that I had but accepted their word. The compliance officer then checked bank statements etc and was happy. Later we got a notification letter from the DWP stating that they had indeed found the notification of the pension payment which was about £4.15 a month.

We had hardly put that to bed when the Pension credit people contact us asking for the same information which we then sent off and we also advised them of the name and contact details of the compliance officer that had checked all out income etc. We have a feeling that he has been reporting us although we have absolutely nothing to hide. There are numerous other little incidents.

The latest incident was today. The wife was walking over to a friend when he came out the front door and shouted "I hope to slip and break your f******g neck"! He then went back inside.

Unfortunately we have no actual proof of these incidents like having it on tape or video, but we have reported it to the housing people previously. We have not reported it to the police as we still have to live with him as a neighbour, but it is getting a bit much now as he always has a go at my wife when I am not around. I don't want to approach him in case I lose my temper plus I am disabled.

What is the best way to deal with this as I am not sure if the courts can help as the only thing is a record of our phone callslink3.gif to the housing people as he is also a housing tenant? Thanks.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

You need to make a complaint with the police about it. Especially threats to injure and harm. Youll need evidence as well. So make sure youre recording things, and police will take action.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

You need to make a complaint with the police about it. Especially threats to injure and harm. Youll need evidence as well. So make sure youre recording things, and police will take action.

Thanks the issue here is of course evidence which is why we have not yet approached the police. Weeks or even months go by where we do not have anything happening, then suddenly out of the blue something will happen. Unfortunately I have not been witness to the incidents where he has insulted my wife and I have left things slide for a bit of peace. I told the wife that if he does it again, she should take out her phone and take a picture of him in the hope he will think twice about it before he does it again. Not sure if it is the right thing to do.

Get CCTV installed etc. Even if there are incidents months apart, if you can get evidence, it will show a sustained and prolonged campaign of harassment.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Get CCTV installed etc. Even if there are incidents months apart, if you can get evidence, it will show a sustained and prolonged campaign of harassment.

I did think of CCTV, but I am fairly sure we cannot have the camera pointing towards his property in the front and at the rear there is a 6' fence put up at our expense even though it is a housing property. We have not spoken to him for about 2 years and have no idea why he came out of the front door of his house to shout at my wife who was walking on the pavement. From his front door to the pavement is at least 7 or more metres.

You can have it wherever you want. Just aim it on to your property and it might accidentally capture outside it :)

Of course, you cant aim it directly onto his property.

There is no law regarding domestic CCTV in the UK at present. The laws people use to defend themselves regarding invasive CCTV are about privacy.

You do need a licence if any of your cameras are the type that can be moved by remote control (PTZ type)

You will need to record audio and domestic CCTV may struggle with that unless you have a massive HDD to record on.

Probably easier and cheaper to invest in some portable video cameras like GoPro which you can switch on when he's around and just save the event if need be.

You should report each threat of harm to Plod 101 as and when it happens, no matter if it was only witnessed by one person, that way you build up a record of harassment.

If he makes a more serious threat such as 'I'm going to kill you' then it's 999 immediately.

Regarding cameras and neighbours:

As long as your cameras are centered on your property what they catch around the peripherals is moot.

When I fitted mine I had one neighbour express concern so I brought them in and showed them how much of their property it viewed and they asked that I move it.

I declined but I did agree to block their property out using the camera's secrecy mode, their loss as if they get burgled I will say none of their property is covered.

My cameras are cheap and even they have a secrecy mode where you can block the recording of marked areas with the sight of the lens.