Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    Laura Cooke Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Oct 2006

Default Esa Advice Please

My nephew was on Esa in the support group I declared he was to receive an inheritanceicon from his parents once he reached 21 in December 2015, hence his benefit stopped due to it being over 16,000.

The savings as now dropped to 10,000 which is in an ISA held by my daughter when would he be able to go back on Esa? and would it be a fresh claim? and has the Severe Disablement Premium stopped?

He does receive a pension each month belonging to his parents of 503.75 a month he also receives DLA HRC/LRM

Royalties Account Holder unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67's Avatar

Cagger since : Feb 2010

Default Re: Esa Advice Please

To ensure your nephew gets the right advice and support, best to go to people who deal with such issues, rather than forums. I should imagine that given nephews history, pension etc, that there would have to be a referral by those dealing with ESA in DWP to someone to decide on exact process. They might want many documents to be sent to them, as it is not straightforward.

Here is a link that might help.

https://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/e...wance-overview

Royalties Account Holder Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo's Avatar

Cagger since : Feb 2008

Blog Entries

Anything above 6000 will affect any payments. (Savings)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!
    HOW DO I START A NEW THREAD?

Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    Laura Cooke Novitiate

Thank you I know anything over 6,000 means deductions just unsure who can give accurate advice always had it off CAGicon

Royalties Account Holder Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo's Avatar

Blog Entries

Is there any disability advice groups near you? Or a D.I.A.L, (Disability Information Advice Line)??

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    Laura Cooke Novitiate

Yes we have a Dial about 7 miles away I think will look it up

Royalties Account Holder unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Laura Cooke View Post
    Thank you I know anything over 6,000 means deductions just unsure who can give accurate advice always had it off CAGicon
    Laura, because in the UK there is a roll out of Universal Credit, it depends on the postcode for your Nephew, as to how his claim is dealt with. If you visit gov.uk or entitled to, you should be able to find out which process will need to be followed.

Given the complex position, a lot of information will need to be covered off and i think you are expecting a bit much of CAGicon to explain every aspect. Hence why, your nephew or his appointed advocate needs to obtain accurate advice from an official source. Otherwise the risk is that the wrong process is explained or not everything is covered.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    Laura Cooke Novitiate

So sorry if it came across that I want too much from CAGicon I can assure you that is not the case just wanted accurate advice/information and have always got it off CAGicon, I speak to so many different organisations none sing from the same hymn sheet I am quite unsure where to access correct information. DWP never tell you the same thing twice whenever you contact them.
    UC rolls out fully in November 2018 however for single Job Seekers they are being put on UC I am my nephews appointee and Guardian as he is autistic, I have just realised we have a Law Centre close to where I live they might deal with benefits so I will give them a call.

Blog Entries

No it doesn't come across as that at all.

Ofcourse the DWP won't tell you the same thing twice, they don't even know what day of the week it is, least of all give credible advice, they're the very last people you need to be taking advice from.

From experience, D.I.A.L are excellent, and would be my first port of call.

Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    Laura Cooke Novitiate

Thanks will contact dial yes DWP are incredibly incompetent they are causing so much misery to vulnerable people who are already stressed

Laura

This link is probably relevant to you.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-styl...port-allowance

If you are the appointed guardian for your nephew, you would need to phone the freephone to register the new claim and run through all of the information. This would include full details of the parents pension your Nephew is receiving, which would be earnings taken into account.

Due to the length of time since the work capability assessment, your Nephew might well be required to go through the Work Capability Assessment. They won't just refer back to the previous claim and any assessment your nephew had before.

Get the claim registered, but do check using the postcode what area your newphew lives in first e.g live service area for New Style ESA or a UC full service area.

I am sure DIAL will help you if you are unsure. As you have mentioned, given your situation as guardian for your nephew, I want to ensure you are supported in dealing with this, hence advice given. CAGicon can be helpful, but as you have realised, when you are dealing with complex benefit issues with the DWP, you really need the professional help of those that help the disabled navigate the benefits system.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    Laura Cooke Novitiate

Thanks for the advice, info going to ring Dial not had chance today will report back about what I learn it is so frustrating nephew had only had his Esa a few months before had to give it up and he was dealt with by paper assessment he did not have a face to face

Quote Originally Posted by Laura Cooke View Post
    Thanks for the advice, info going to ring Dial not had chance today will report back about what I learn it is so frustrating nephew had only had his Esa a few months before had to give it up and he was dealt with by paper assessment he did not have a face to face
    Depends on what the condition is I think, as to whether a face to face WCA is required.

Has your nephew paid any National Insurance Contributions during the 2014-15 and 2015-16 tax years ? I don't know whether dependents pay NI on a parents pension ? I presume not ? You will be asked.

What is the postcode ?

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    Laura Cooke Novitiate

My nephew is autistic he will never work he as received his parents pension for life instead of it ending at 21 if he was in education, training or working. He is fully dependent on others. He pays no tax or insurance on anything

Run through this linked benefit calculator and that should inform you how to proceed.

https://benefits-calculator.turn2us....campaign=GovUK

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details