Eviction- possession order granted

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2255 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok fair enough, but if he wants them out he has to return any overpaid rent at the point at which they leave.

I believe there is a formula to calculate it within the housing act.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Already thought of that should it go any further

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

I assume they have informed the Council of the Eviction if not they need to do so.

Next is really something to consider as the court action is more important at the moment.

What you could also do with the Council is check if Private Landlords need to be registered with them (most do now) and if they are.

As well as looking for other Private Housing this does not stop them getting applications forms from any council/housing association in there area. (remember at least this gets them added to the housing list which most recheck annual to see if you want to stay on list so always ensure to give them an up to date address)

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks stu,

they are on the rehousing list but having so many little nippers means they are only entitled to minimum 4 bed properties and they are as rare as rocking horse poop.

They cannot even bid on anything smaller as the bids get rejected,

this means that for them the waiting time is upto 7 yrs in this area,

they have been on the list now for around 4 yrs and counting.

The council have informed them that until they actually evicted they can do nothing, they must first present themselves as homeless, very daunting with children in tow.

It is hoped that we can buy enough time for them to rent privately with a respectable agent so time is the key, the longer the orocess takes the more they can save for deposits/ advance rent etc.

Set Aside hearing date set for 25th jan

T

It is hoped that we can buy enough time for them to rent privately with a respectable agent so time is the key, the longer the orocess takes the more they can save for deposits/ advance rent etc.

if it doesn't happen to be set aside, sit tight, and the lord then goes for a warrant, as mentioned before put in an app'n for suspension of. that will give some more time if needed. though there is the app'n fee cost to consider re, unless fee exempt

Need to be on guard encase LL speeds things up and apply for HCEO to carry out a warrant for possession.

Hope not.

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

Need to be on guard encase LL speeds things up and apply for HCEO to carry out a warrant for possession.

Hope not.

LL hasnt done, or at least no notification of from the court. Set Aside hearing set for 25th Jan

On 7th december, there was a possession order granted giving her until 21/12/2017
ok, so the LL got the possession without a challenge/hearing.

The title of this thread is

Eviction- possession order granted
As I see it there still a live possession order still

Set Aside hearing set for 25th Jan
Until what ever happens on the 25th, which could go either way ?

I can't see what could stop LL after 21/12/2017 applying for warrant and permission at the same time to enforce via HCEO, if LL choose that route or stick with CC bailiffs.

IMHO

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

i see what you mean.

but, now that a set aside hearing is in place on the record, wouldn't that stop any current enforcement. and would be deemed unreasonable as the lord would now know of the hearing?

Set aside hearing was on thursday 25th.

LL took no further action re HCEO/CC Bailiffs.

The 15 min hearing went ahead.

Set Aside was granted

Defendant to serve and file full defence by 1/2/18

Claimant to serve and file any further response by 8/2/18

Full hearing to be set for first available date after 9/2/18

DJ ordered that he personally deal with new hearing himself if available on allocated date.

A good result so far, round 1 to the defendant.

:whoo:

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...

So, as ordered by the court, the defendant file and served on time by 4pm 1/2/18.

The claimant had not filed by 4pm on 8/2/18 but has filed upon checking with the court today, however he has not served a copy on the defendant.

What are the options if any, or can the claimant simply not serve on the defendant and get away with it?

Any party that fails to comply with court orders can have sanctions imposed...you must bring it to the courts attentions and suggest that the evidence is denied or restricted.

It is up to the Judge’s discretion whether to allow evidence relied upon in breach of the terms of an order or where there has been non compliance with the court rules. Some Judges will stick to the court rules whereas others may be much more forgiving and flexible. It is likely the Judge will balance whether the evidence will help him decide the claim, against the harm it causes to the party who has received the evidence late.

In making such a decision the court should apply court rule 27.8 which states:

(1) The court may adopt any method of proceeding at a hearing that it considers to be fair.

(2) Hearings will be informal.

(3) The strict rules of evidence do not apply.

(4) The court need not take evidence on oath.

(5) The court may limit cross-examination.

(6) The court must give reasons for its decision.

https://uk.practicallaw.thomsonreuters.com/1-204-3083?transitionType=Default&contextData=(sc.Default)&firstPage=true&bhcp=1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks Andy, much appreciated

The hearing was scheduled today and i have to say, justice was most definately not served.

At the previous set aside hearing the set aside was granted and the issues for today were to determine if a deposit was paid or not.

Despite not being served any paperwork as per the order of 25th jan and despite raising a complaint of the same to the judge, it fell on deaf ears, wasnt even raised as to why the claimant had failed to serve as ordered.

The judge was only interested in whether the set aside should be granted or not, even thi it had already been granted last time.

The claimant began to shout in court at the defendant but was allowed to do so without any intervention from the judge.

The net result was that the previous order was overruled and the original possession order was upheld. My friend the defendant has been given 42 hrs to vacate the property. It was ruled that on the balance of probability that no deposit was paid even tho the claimant admitted in court that there was.

The defendants mother gave oral evidence to substantiate that she in fact paid the deposit on the defendants behalf.

All in all, a very sad day for british justice.