British Gas Shambles***Resolved***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2297 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

In 2016, having gone six months without a bill and having complained online to BG I signed up with Eon to replace my existing electricity supplier for my business.

This was following a phone call from a rep from BG asking me to sign up with them & confirming that I did not, in fact, have a contract with them.

Lo and behold my supplier, British Gas, then wrote to me to state I could not leave as there was an outstanding bill, a tactic which Eon told me they often employ.

I queried this and told them all the steps I had taken to resolve the matter but got nowhere, I even paid up until the date Eon was supposed to take over whilst the dispute was ongoing.

Having got nowhere, I contacted the Ombudsman, whose investigation took so long that by the end of it I had actually handed in my notice on the premises, end date 12 March 2017

The ombudsman agreed the service had been appalling and awarded me a token payment of thirty pounds to be taken off the bill

but stated that despite the fact that I wanted to move to Eon who would have billed me on a cheap tariff that British Gas was entitled to bill me on their variable tariff until this was completed despite the fact this whole issue was their fault.

They also advised that I send British Gas an email with final meter reading and that they would also send a copy of the picture I sent to them just to ensure British Gas closed the account correctly.

In July 2017, I received a bill from BGB for my final electricity bill at my home address of 403.68 which included a 45 charge for non-payment, even though this was the first bill I had ever received following my leaving the premises in March 2017,

again two hours of phone calls to BGB and an apology.

Then new bill 31 July 2017 with 45.00 removed only to receive phone call / email demand that this bill is paid 01st August 2017, so once more complaint to British Gas Business very same day stating appalling service and the bill would not be paid until my complaint had been addressed.

In September 2017, having heard nothing from BGB apart from an acknowledgement of my complaint received a letter from Moorcroft demanding payments,

contacted their offices explained the above and sent copies of correspondence and then nothing apart from once call where I stated do not want to talk about the matter but put everything in writing as sick of wasting time on calls and matter not being resolved

. Moorcroft said they would write to me, but guess what, the letter was an email requesting I call them to discuss this matter,

I emailed back saying this is not a letter, write to me at my new business or home address and we can take it from there.

Heard nothing until today, when a new company appears LCS, explained all of the above and they have asked for copies of the correspondence and stated that Moorcroft passed it to them.

Do any of you have suggestions as to what steps I should take now, do I go back to the ombudsman, take it u with BGB senior staff or wait on LCS. All advice would be gratefully received.

Of course the ombudsman is completely wrong in his. British Gas have a contractual duty to treat you fairly and also to run your account correctly. They failed to do that. Because of them you have incurred higher costs than you would have done if you'd been able to move accounts.

The problem is that the ombudsman has made his ruling and so now your only recourse is to go to court.

If you're really lucky, they will take you to court – and I expect that you will win. However, for small amounts they sometimes simply resort to harassing and bullying hoping that they can beat you into submission – but rather than risk losing by going to an impartial judge to get a properly reasoned judgement.

As with all disputes with energy providers, you should send them an SAR – to British Gas. Get everything you can that they hold on you so that you can form a complete picture of the shambles.

I suggest that you write to LCS – but copy it out to British Gas and also to Moorcroft and tell them that you have no intention of paying. That your account has been mismanaged by British Gas and that has caused you loss. You look forward to them taking you to court where you are quite certain that an impartial judge who looks at the facts in a professional way will find against them. If you want you can even tell them that you are prepared to waive the requirements of the pre-action protocol

However, send the SAR immediately.

Incidentally, if there is any of the bill that you agree with then I suggest that you pay that amount and hang onto the rest.

Have you checked your credit file?

What are 2 powerless DCA's doing chasing a business debt?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I didn't pick up that it was a business.

You are totally safe to ignore the DCA's

They are not bailiffs

And have

Absolutely no legal lowers whatsoever

Esp as its a business debt

Ltd co. Or sole trader?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Is it your name on the bill or the Ltd Company ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

agree that you shouldt bother entertaininmg the likes of any dca,

they cant do anything to help you and have no interest in anything other than getting you to pay.

If they fail to do that then they go hungry and some other dca gets given the job of begging you to pay them.

It is all BG's fault and only they can resolve this.

Try and get it sorted before it gets as far as court,

even if that means you dont get a satisfactory response showing you have tried is the point of this.

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update,

wrote to BG CEO and outlined the appaling service I received

they acknowledged this and reduced the alleged debt by over three hundred pounds,

so thanks for the advice as it worked,

as stated in earlier posts,

reminded them a judge would most likely side with me given the level of evidence supporting my case.

On a side note,

the DCA despite telling me they would take no action tried to demand over five hundred pounds from me,

so as per other posts,

my advice to others do not let them scare you into paying.

Thread title amended.

Well done

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread