Erudio - no CAA no default - discount offer - now PAP Letter

pencil
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 484 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is my response, should I add or leave anything out please?

On 15th April 2014 I made a formal request for a true signed agreement for the account under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (CCA1974) s.78. You failed to comply with my request, and as such, the account entered default in early May 2014.

The document that you’re obliged to send me is a true copy of the executed agreement containing all of the prescribed terms, all other required terms and statutory notices, and was signed by both your company and myself as defined in section 61(1) of CCA 1974 and subsequent Statutory Instruments. If the executed agreement contained any reference to any other document, you’re obliged to send me a copy of that document.

Furthermore; you should be aware that the Consumer Credit Act allows 12 (+2) days for a request for a true copy of a credit agreement to be carried out before it enters into a default situation. This limit has expired.

As you are no doubt aware, section 77(6) states:

If the creditor fails to comply with Subsection (1) (a) He is not entitled, while the default continues, to enforce the agreement. Therefore this account has become unenforceable at law.

Nope. Dont tell them they havent supplied a compliant agreement. You use that as part of a defence in court. They KNOW they havent complied, but they dont care. They think continued harassment and threats will cause you to buckle. Have a read around this site. There are plenty of threads which advise what response to give when you receive a PaP letter.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

as post 26!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

So, I have read through the PAP threads. There have been no CCA agreements forthcoming since requested 5 1/2 years ago, so I will tick box 4 of the pap with the explanation: 'I dispute this debt because the debt purchaser has yet to provide any or all of the required documentation.'

don't put that no.

cause if they come up with the paperwork..you are stuffed.

let me review this later.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you haven't got a claimform!

you've a pap letter and a response pack.

but you don't use that either.

reason: I have never earned over the required threshold & have regularly deferred the loan. the claimant has never supplied the required signed agreement despite past CCA requests.

follow post 4 here...use OUR attachment ..... NOT the one in their PAP pack.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?481827-The-Pre-Action-Protocol-for-Debt-Claims-is-made-by-the-Master-of-the-Rolls-as-Head-of-Civil-Justice.-1st-Oct-2017

and they

cca was 4yrs ago.

not sure where our pap instructions tell you to sar…….

and they

• 1 month later...

what a shame for them...:lol:

and they

Update. I sent the PAP back, and the response was, they were passing it back to the client. It has been at least four weeks since I sent the PAP back, and I haven't heard anything else since.

Yep. because they wanted an easy win, and they know they have absolutely zero chance of winning anything.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 1 month later...

I know that people with more knowledge than me will be along shortly, but from my own personal experience I was returned an illegible agreement from a CCA request, lots of blurring etc, I replied to it saying this is not enforceable. Lowell's closed the account, and took it off my Credit file. I would wait until more people weigh in with advice before doing anything though.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

sar SLC

but no harm in RINGING them and asking last deferment date or payment.

and they

Do they have to issue a Default Notice ?

I am not up to date on the old student loans but if a DN is needed there was that crazy court of appeal ruling which says limitations starts the remedy date on a DN

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

yes crazy so if a DN has never been issued by the original creditor then a debt never becomes SB'd...so silly ..dream on.

its interesting to note PRA have done this in both E&W and Scottish courts systems.

dx

and they

I've just looked back at the thread and it seems (although I could be wrong) some form of DN might have been issued in 2016. IF it was a S87(1) DN the SB argument would need some further consideration.

I am told the judge agreed with PRA's view (at the first appeal) that if there was an undue delay in issuing the DN, an unfair relationship could be argued but that is way above my pay grade

I wasn't aware of the Scottish ruling but there again I do not tend to get involved at all with Scottish law

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

theres no ruling yet in Scotland see the govan law website

been that way for almost a year now

and they

theres no ruling yet in Scotland see the govan law website

been that way for almost a year now

Sure this is SB in May, but I returned a PAP to them last year will that reset the clock? Also are they allowed to add arrears to a disputed debt?

nope pap form resets nothing

they can add what they like

if any of it is ever enforceable is another matter

and I see you are old school, the ole 'it's a disputed debt' you cant do this or that, went out the window years ago, and even then it had little effect..

and they

Erudio they refused my deferral in 2014 due to it not being on their DAF, took five years to provide a credit agreement, and have added arrears charges ever since. Do I complain to the FOS, and how much would a solicitor cost for advice?

you don't need a solicitor

you don't need to complain to the FOS.

however if you go LOOK at the FOS website or even better LOOK ON CAG. as you should as we a re self help too.

you'll see there are numerous threads about erudio and their telling off from the FOS about refusing DAF's.

pers id do nothing until hey kick you again

and they