rehab and benefits re pip

saded
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2300 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have mental health problems and alcohol misuse problems. I live with my mum and am soon moving into council supported accommodation for people with substance abuse issues. It's a rehab.

I'm in the support group of esa and standard rate of pip.

Do you think they'll take me of pip and put me into the wrag group for esa?

It's just that I was only entitled to pip it because my mum cooks my food, washes my clothes, prompts me to take meds because I either forget or don't have motivation to take them, she washes clothes, tells me when i need to bathe etc... And also controls my money, pays bills.

In supported living I will have to do this myself. I'm extremely worried they're going to take my pip away.

Agreed, your first port of call is any support worker that you have seen or currently see. They will know far more about your situation than an internet forum.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

My council housing advisor is a very rude woman who isn't taking me seriously,

I cannot look after myself because of her attitude.

I'm just not going to eat, bathe etc...

They'll soon figure out it out at the rehab place.

I'm not going to be forced to take learn direct courses or do voluntary which they advise some people to do.

If you have no support worker, the following link from Rethink might help you.

https://www.rethink.org/living-with-mental-illness/money-issues-benefits-employment/welfare-benefits-and-mental-illness

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

My council housing advisor is a very rude woman who isn't taking me seriously, I cannot look after myself and had taken 80 benzos in two days because of her attitude.

That isn't the same as a Welfare Rights worker, saded. Have you tried googling about your local council and CAB to see if they have people like that?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I've spoken to the out of hours emergency services, they told me to phone 111

I spoke to a male nurse.

He gave me the number for the crisis team and told me to book an appointment with my gp on Monday.

I've also spoken to my mum.

I'm not going.

There's a reason I'm on disability

I will not have the council housing adviser speaking to me like that.

I'm going to also speak to the council and complain about her on Monday.

I want accommodation for mentally ill people who can't look after themselves.

Dear Sade,

Often, sadly when you actually need, isn't always available and you only gets what's offered. Round peg, square hole.

Your local mental health team, should be able to advise of independent advocacy services, and your local authority should have a contract for one in MH also (there is in Scotland).

If, you do not believe this accommodation is not suitable, unfortunately you will have to evidence why. It isn't right or even fair, just how it is.

If, your mum was your carer, did she get CA for you ? She could approach any local carer's centre who again should be able to point you in the right direction.

Good luck.