Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    SweetRevenge Novitiate SweetRevenge's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Oct 2006

Default Help me out pls - Banks "Unfit to Hold Consumer Credit Licence"?

Hi everyone, having to post new threadicon, cos' i'm billy no mates on old one!

I'm about to put in my lbaicon with RBSicon and noticed this on the template:
    Furthermore, I shall submit a consumer crediticon Act 1974 complaint to the OFT upon the basis that you have failed to comply with the OFT's direction of 5 April 2006 and are therefore not a 'fit and proper person' to hold a consumer credit licence under the 1974 Act. If you do not understand what this means then seek advice from your legal department.

Can anyone tell me if they have included this, did it make a difference, did anyone follow thru yet etc? From what I've read its a pretty powerful (and therefore possibly inflammatory) threat - I'd like to gauge some reaction if there is any?

Cmon someone please give me some help?

Similar Threads:
    Sweetrevenge
    Don't get mad - get even!
    If I've helped you please hit my scales 'n' bump my rep!

RBS (My A/c) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent /10/06, statements rec'd 20/10; Prelim sent 3/11/06, s*d off letter rec'd 20/11; LBA sent 28/11, Settlement offer rec'd 18/12
    WON at LBA with compound contractual interest 607

RBS BF Account S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 4/11, part response rec'd 28/11, further info sent 3/12 awaiting statements at 20/12, Sent LBA 19/01/07. Received all statements resulting in 3 claims, 1,278, 4,279 and 7,250(!) all with contractual interest.

This is now very out of date!!!!
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Nov 2006

Default Re: Help me out pls - Banks "Unfit to Hold Consumer Credit Licence"?

only put that in if that's what you intend to do. done not make empty threats to them. be very sure you whant to go that route.

Royalties Account Holder ukaviator Authoritative ukaviator Authoritative ukaviator Authoritative ukaviator Authoritative ukaviator Authoritative ukaviator Authoritative ukaviator Authoritative ukaviator Authoritative ukaviator Authoritative ukaviator Authoritative ukaviator Authoritative ukaviator's Avatar

Cagger since : Jun 2006

Hi Sweetrevenge

I would leave that bit out. The claims are refunded without that bit of wording.

Uk. .

Some useful links.
    FAQ's
    Making Posts
    Letter Template Library
    Bank Contact Details
    AQ Guide to Completion
    Court Fees
    Data Protection non Compliance
    Witness Statements for Court Bundle
    Banking Code Website
    Limitations Act
    Fast Track Costs
    A-Z Index
    Mis-Claim Tutorial
    Step By Step Instructions

Remember: The Ark was built by amateurs-The Titanic by professionals.

Please click my scales if you find my advice helpful !

If your claim is successful, please donate 5% so that it can continue to help others.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

WARNING TO ALL
    Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

YOU CAN NOW COMPLAIN TO THE OFT ABOUT THEIR CONDUCT UNDER THE CONSUMER PROTECTION FROM UNFAIR TRADING REGULATIONS 2008.
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    SweetRevenge Novitiate SweetRevenge's Avatar

Thanks peeps that's all I need to know. Sending it off without.

Sweetrevenge
    Don't get mad - get even!
    If I've helped you please hit my scales 'n' bump my rep!

RBS (My A/c) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent /10/06, statements rec'd 20/10; Prelim sent 3/11/06, s*d off letter rec'd 20/11; LBA sent 28/11, Settlement offer rec'd 18/12
    WON at LBA with compound contractual interest 607

RBS BF Account S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 4/11, part response rec'd 28/11, further info sent 3/12 awaiting statements at 20/12, Sent LBA 19/01/07. Received all statements resulting in 3 claims, 1,278, 4,279 and 7,250(!) all with contractual interest.

This is now very out of date!!!!
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    giveITallback Novitiate

I added purely for effect you dont have to carry on with they offered to settle in full after two attempts and now im chasing interest...

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details