Cohen/Lucas/Lowell Orange debt

BBBAAA
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2302 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I have been contacted by a company called Cohen Cramer regarding an alledged debt for a mobile phone bill with Orange back from 2013.

I do not recall having a mobile phone from that period, although I did have a mobile internet dongle thing which I believe was on a one month rolling contract.

I really wanted to know what I should send them in order to find out more information.

I am aware that mobile phone contracts are not covered by the CCA,

so is there a template for a letter I can send,

and also what documentation will they legally need to be in possession of in order to win if they decide to take this to the county court.

Appreciate your help in advance!

Thanks! :)

all the same lot,

just different desks

with diff blokes

in diff coloured skirts

that get near and nearer the bog door in their portacabin somewhere.

as long as its not a pre action protocol - letter of claim - then for the minute ignore them

have you checked your credit file?

have you moved since you took this contract out

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The letter says “Notice of pending legal action” and gives me 30 days before “legal action may be taken”

- it does mention the pre action protocol which does worry me a little

I have looked and can only find a template for a letter after a claim has been issued,

all I want to do is get a template or an idea about what documents they need to be in possession of for the claim to be valid.

What documents do they legally need to have to be in possession of to prove I am legally responsible for the debt?

What should I send them to get them to prove it?

Thank you so much!

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

credit file?

dx

and they

so the debt is not showing at all

are all your old addresses showing?

and they

urm..so why is it not showing.

this isn't more than 6yrs ago is it?

and they

I don’t know, this is the thing, I had a dongle with orange back in 2013/2014 but I’m sure this was cancelled back then after a few months. I am unsure as to whether this debt is actually legitimate or not. I was just hoping for some advice as to what I should respond to them.

if you've got that PAP letter yes respond

and even more so as I would expect this is just a phishing letter

and they could well file a court claim to an old address and you'd know nowt about it [backdoor CCJ]

is this the only letter you've had?

none previous

and they

Sorry I’m being thick but what should I write in response? All the template letters I’ve see relate to AFTER a claim has been issued and mention the consumer credit act. What I want to know is specifically what documents they would need to have if they decide to pursue this through the courts.

There was a letter from Lowell Portfolio a while ago which after I looked on here I decided to ignore. Are these guys part of Lowell?

go read post 2 again.

you've the w/end

i'll knock a telecom PAP reply up over the w/fnd

don't panic too much

just remember a DCA is

NOT A BAILIFF

and has

No such legal powers

and they

Sorry I’m being needy but is the below good to send. If I’m disputing ownership should I ask for the documents or just deny ownership outright?

Dear Sirs,

Reference; Lowell Portfolio Account EE Limited (account numbers redacted)

I am in receipt of your letter, dated 6th December 2017.

I do not acknowledge this debt and I am not aware of any amount owing to either EE Limited or Lowell Portfolio.

I require that you send me;

A copy of the original contract for the account with EE.

A full statement of account, including all interest and charges included on the outstanding balance of the debt explaining how they’ve been calculated.

The notice of assignment.

The notice of default.

I am familiar with the Consumer Credit sourcebook of the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) which states the following rules.

"A firm must not ignore or disregard a customer's claim that a debt has been settled or is disputed and must not continue to make demands for payment without providing clear justification and/or evidence as to why the customer's claim is not valid." 7.5.3

"A firm must suspend any steps it takes or its agent takes in the recovery of a debt from a customer where the customer disputes the debt on valid grounds or what may be valid grounds." 7.14.1

"Where a customer disputes a debt on valid grounds or what may be valid grounds, the firm must investigate the dispute and provide details of the debt to the customer in a timely manner." 7.14.3

"Where there is a dispute as to the identity of the borrower or hirer or as to the amount of the debt, it is for the firm (and not the customer) to establish, as the case may be, that the customer is the correct person in relation to the debt or that the amount is the correct amount owed under the agreement." 7.14.4

"A firm must provide a customer with information on the outcome of its investigations into a debt which the customer disputed on valid grounds." 7.14.5

"Where a customer disputes a debt and the firm seeking to recover the debt is not the lender or the owner, the firm must:

(1) pass the information provided by the customer to the lender or the owner; or

(2) if the firm has authority from the lender or owner to investigate a dispute, it must notify the lender or owner of the outcome of the investigation." 7.14.6

In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore, ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my liability for the debt in question.

Yours Faithfully,

you have to use the form in the last post of that pap thread.

they should have sent you a copy

but don't use that use our one

what you have put is ok ish

but don't rush.

you cant send it till Monday anyway and you've 30days as the PAP rules state.

don't panic over a powerless dca ..

they are not bailiffs,.

if you want to do anything productive

go ring orange and get to the bottom of the debt

it could even be identity theft

as it appears you might simply of moved without informing creditors or using a redirect?

its quite easy for anyone to pretend to be you even with basic details that migt have gone to the address once you move

we see it all the time.

just take things slowly else you are going to make schoolboy errors

there is not rush

and they