Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder Justice143 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Dec 2017

Default VCS ANPR PCN - overstay St Marys Gate, retail park, Sheffield

Wow so happy to have found you CAGicon.
    Fingers crossed I can beat this.

I am devastated,
    treated myself and a friend to a theatre show tickets were about 7 each.
    We are both pretty skint and I have now had a charge for 60-100 quid!!!

Theatre Delicatessen (voluntary run theatre) had just moved to the address above when I went to see the show which was on the 24th October 2017.

Yesterday 6th Dec 2017 I received a lettericon asking me to pay 100, or 60 if I pay within 14 days of the date of the letter 29/11/17.
    (Why have they taken so long to respond but yet I am pressured to pay so quickly just before Christmas and I have two small boys!)

The building they have moved into is a retail outlet which used to be a Mothercare outlet.
    Next door to staples.
    The show was at 7:30pm.
    I checked to see if there were any pay and display machines but did not see and other signs (tempted to go back to check where they are)

The letter shows registration recognition (but does not show the driver)
    points out that I stayed 152 minutes and the maximum time of free parking is an hour.

I can understand why this is in place as I guess some people could take the mick and go into town
    but I was visiting a building that the carpark was for
    and the rest of the carpark was pretty empty except a few others which expect will also have received a charge.

I have rang the theatre who sypathetically said that I'm not the only one and that there is nothing they can do about.
    She pointed out some other places I could park in future and that they have got signs inside the theatre.
    These were not there when we visited as as it had just opened my friend and I had a good look around.

She said they are trying to sort something with the council which is a bit strange as the letter I have had says "Private land" and is from Vehicle control services who are accredited by the IPC.
    I think I probably ought to call back and ask about this.
    Could the council have employed VCS.

Please can anyone advise me what to to for the best.
    Should I ignoreicon?
    Appeal?
    Contact the company direct and explain the situation?

I sense they would not show goodwill.
    Have I got a leg to stand on???

I look forward to hearing your wisdom I only have 6 days to pay the lesser price if you think I should.

Thank you,
    Gemma

Basic Account Holder FTMDave Novitiate

Cagger since : Jan 2016

Default Re: VCS ANPR PCN - overstay St Marys Gate, retail park, Sheffield

Others much more knowledgeable than me will be on in the morning.

Meanwhile, while paying 60 is better than paying 100, paying 0 is even better

You've already hinted that the signage was rubbish so that is immediately a stick to beat VCS with. I'm sure the regulars will agree with your suggestion of going back and photographing the signage.

In any case don't panic, help is on its way, this site is great for advice on how to beat the PPC sharks!

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

Default Re: VCS ANPR PCN - overstay St Marys Gate, retail park, Sheffield

can you please complete this:
    https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.u...-Viewing)-nbsp

and scan the NTK up to PDFicon please
    read uploadicon

dx

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    Click Here To Make A Donation
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if necessary
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Thank you I will do this after school run x

Royalties Account Holder ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative

Cagger since : Nov 2012

we need to see te letter they sent you.
    To make a claim against a motorist the parking co needs to follow certain steps prescribed by law and if this is the first you know about this then they havent used the conditions that allow them to claim anything.

However, that doesnt stop them from lying through their teeth
    first advice is do not contact them as they will see that as a sign you are likely to pay up if they tell a few more lies or apply pressure by continuing to harass you.
    There isnt a short term fix to this as they are more pernicious than head lice.

When we have seen their NTK (letter you got) we can tell you why it is faulty but that doesnt mean you contact them to tell them this, they know already but dont care, they are just after the money.

I think I have uploaded front and back of the letter.

This is proving hard with a toddler.

Can anyone see my scanned documents in the thread ? Xx

Attached Files

Gold Account Holder lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative

Cagger since : Mar 2006

It is very difficult to read their terms on the NTK though I cannot find any reference to POFA on it.

Sorry what is POFA?

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967's Avatar

Cagger since : Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Windle143 View Post
    Sorry what is POFA?
    POFA is (the ironically named) Protection of Freedoms Act 2012. Specifically Schedule 4 (when talking about Private Parking matters).

Click here

Also, have a look at this post for a list of all the usual abbreviations that you'll find in this area of the forum.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
    If I've helped you at all, please feel free to click on the little star under my posts and leave feedback
    Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative

do you think that they are not sending out NTK's that cant be scanned easily so people cant show them to others to see if they comply with the legislation? Wouldnt surprise me

This was my parking chargeicon.
    I can't see anything about the freedom act on the form.

I am still lost as to what to do next.

The charge goes up to 100 on Wednesday

I need to decide if to pay it or not can anyone shed any light please?

Dx100uk thank you so much for helping me out on Friday.

Would you still like me to complete the form you mentioned now I have uploaded the letter?

When I click on the link it takes me to the list of discussions I think. I'll try again now x

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

you don't need to abide by any stupid time limits as you ain't paying nowt anyway
    its a speculative invoice

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.u...-Viewing)-nbsp

complete this please

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

I found the form and I have answered the questions below. Thank you x

Its a parking chargeicon notice

For tickets received through the post (Notice to Keeper) please answer the following questions.

1 Date of the infringement 24/10/17
    2 Date on the NTK 29/11/17
    3 Date received 6/12/17

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? NO

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes (cant see the driver)

6 Have you appealed? No
    Have you had a response?

7 Who is the parking company? VCS

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.
    There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure, please check here

IAS and they are acreddited by the IPC and registered with CCAS and have the UKAS logo on the letter

If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here no

Woohoo that sounds promising!

Quote Originally Posted by dx100uk View Post
    you don't need to abide by any stupid time limits as you ain't paying nowt anyway
    its a speculative invoice

they are well and truly timed out for keeper liability but to be honest they dont care,
    their notices arent up to scratch anyway and they are more than happy to lie through their teeth at a later stage

your tactics should now be making them waste their money and then hit them hard just once at the end of this exercise to let them know that you are no mug and arent going to be cowed by their abuse of process.

This will take a while

just hold your nerve and we will advise you when the time comes what to say.

In the maenwhile get some piccies of
    the site and
    its signage
    as per every other thread,
    entrance from public highway,
    position of signs etc.

Thank you!
    I will get the pics and trust you

just to be clear,
    you don't think I will be taken to court?
    You think I should sit tight and wait for bailiff letter etc and then you will tell me how to respond?

It seems like they have taken ages to contact me have they broken any laws etc is that what you mean by timed out for keeper liability?

Should I be worried about the fact they are accredited?

I am worried that they will take me to court and the costs will end up being huge.
    Sorry for the questions but what is exactly wrong with their invoice and how are you so sure I am safe?

You are amazing getting back to me so quickly and I will be certainly making a donationicon so long as I don't have to pay this chuffing charge : )

PS I haven't had time to read many other threads, poorly and very clingy baby last few days x

Quote Originally Posted by Justice143 View Post
    Thank you!
    I will get the pics and trust you

just to be clear,
    you don't think I will be taken to court? no
    You think I should sit tight and wait for bailiff letter etc and then you will tell me how to respond? what bailiff letter? who said that?
    if you mean a letter from a DCAicon, they ARE NOT BAILIFFS, and are totally powerless.

It seems like they have taken ages to contact me have they broken any laws etc is that what you mean by timed out for keeper liability?
    go read this again
    https://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/showthread.php?462118-Have-you-received-a-Parking-Ticket-(1-Viewing)-nbsp

Should I be worried about the fact they are accredited? with whom..an old boys network?

I am worried that they will take me to court and the costs will end up being huge. nope costs are limited in small claimicon if they are that stupid..

Sorry for the questions but what is exactly wrong with their invoice and how are you so sure I am safe? - go read a few threads.

You are amazing getting back to me so quickly and I will be certainly making a donationicon so long as I don't have to pay this chuffing charge : )

PS I haven't had time to read many other threads, poorly and very clingy baby last few days x

you'll get there..

dx

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967's Avatar

Cagger since : Mar 2007

you don't think I will be taken to court?
    Even if you are, you have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to worry about.

A single line defence statement will beat these clowns. They've timed out and there cannot be any keeper liability. It's as simple as that. But don't worry, if it get's as far as court, between us, we'll formulate far more than a one line defence!

There's so much wrong with their case, they've got no chance of winning as long as you don't give in to them.

You think I should sit tight and wait for bailiff letter etc and then you will tell me how to respond?
    If won't be a bailiff letter, it'll be from their pet, toothless (so called) debt collectorsicon. They have no power to do anything apart from write you scary letters.

Under the (ironically named) Protection of Freedoms Act 2012, Schedule 4. They have a certain amount of time to contact the keeper. 14 days from the day after the parking event (for ANPR, which this is)

Should I be worried about the fact they are accredited?
    I'm accredited too. Worried?

I am worried that they will take me to court and the costs will end up being huge.
    If they take you to court, the costs will be huge. FOR THEM! As they'll have to pay your costs too. Win Win

Sorry for the questions but what is exactly wrong with their invoice and how are you so sure I am safe?
    Experience

Get that donationicon ready

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
    If I've helped you at all, please feel free to click on the little star under my posts and leave feedback
    Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details