Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Dec 2017

Default Re: VCS ANPR PCN Claimform - overstay St Marys Gate, retail park, Sheffield

Quote Originally Posted by ericsbrother View Post
    Zenith are no-one, that isnt a PAP letter so something to use against them. If nothing else it reduces the bill by 25% for not following procedure and will alert the judge to any other mistake they make ( there will be plenty as they like to add ficticious amounts to the 100 charge for no lawful reason hence the 160 claim.. So, even if they win they will only get 75 from a defended claim and it will cost them 85 already. Not a great business model hance the porkies about costs etc
    Thanks

Basic Account Holder

Default Re: VCS ANPR PCN Claimform - overstay St Marys Gate, retail park, Sheffield

Quote Originally Posted by dx100uk View Post
    [template removed - dx please read its top line]

just send as it is no need to edit

dx

Perhaps by read the top line you meant the date change. That was noted thank you for spending the time to work it out.

Blue link in post 33 not CPR 31:14icon black one

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Quote Originally Posted by Justice143 View Post
    Perhaps by read the top line you meant the date change. That was noted thank you for spending the time to work it out.
    No its top line
    Please dont publish our templates in the public forums......

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

I beg your pardon sorry.
    I didn't see that page at first!
    I have done as instructed now also I just need to file a defenceicon.
    Is their some guidance for this please?

not due till day 33

prob std 2 line defence in most PPC claimformicon threads here
    but DO NOT file early

in terms of the court only [AOS] to date must be done

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Ok thank you. Sorry what do you mean by std?

Standard

You. Need to read around
    Use the time wisely

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Std=standard

Basic Account Holder

Thanks again so far guys. I have been reading around the forum and sticky threads on the hunt for the standard two line defence mentioned above. Particularly the fact they were timed out on keeper liability.

This link that you have provided http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2012/9/schedule/4d says "Page not found"

-I am also of the understanding that I should contact the council to check planning permission for signage
    -Check with the DVLA to see who and when got my details and make notes of the dates
    Any thing else? I am quite stressed of the prospect of having to defend myself professionally and accurately in court/interview room

I was watching a show and parked in the car park i believed to belonged to the theatre. It was dark i looked for pay machines but didn't notice the signs. Do I need to mention this or is the fact they timed out enough? and where can I find the standard defence sentence for this please?

use the search CAGicon box of the top red toolbar

vcs claimformicon

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

just google POFA 2012 and the first hit will be the govt legislation published Act
    Read Paras 4,5 8 and 9 carefully.

A for I was at a theater and I thought the car park was theirs will lose you the case. The whole point of your defence is that they have to PROVE you were driving, tell them this and you ahve given away the biggest advantage you ahve.

Basic Account Holder

Ok after reading through the POFA and many many threads I actually think I feel worse about this situation.
    I really feel like I will crumble attending a court and gathering and presenting the evidence in a witness statement.
    Especially since reading this thread
    Re: VCS PCN Caimform - Car park: Berkeley Centre, Ecclesall RDicon, Sheffield, S11 8PN, where the defended has been sent a 48 page document off the claimant since filing his defence!

I really did not realise this could turn into something so time-consuming and I half wish I had paid it.
    That said I am most grateful for the time you guys have put in.
    I think I have found the single line defence you speak of post #17 of this thread.
    I really hope they realise they are wrong and drop it otherwise I risk being a stuttering idiot in court.

Is this sufficient?

1. The claimant cannot rely upon the POFA 2012 to create a keeper liability and the defendant denies being the driver at the time.
    this means there is no cause for action by the claimant against the defendant.

Do I also need this?

2. In any case there was no breach of contract as no applicable contractual condition was offered to the driver at the time.

3. The signage at the site entrance is not a contract but an invitation to treat so the claimant cannot rely upon it to create terms by which the driver would be bound.

Thank you

the 48 pages are simply the complete transcript of 2 cases that do NOT apply to 99% of PPC court claims.

that's why they send them..to put people off...

looks like you are in the right direction..anyway.

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

use the 3 points you have chosen but swap points 2 and 3 round so it makes a logical flow from the 1st to the last

Wasnt that hard was it?

Now I bet that VCS have sent you their cut and paste stuff to frighten you and will now have to change it when they realise they have said the wrong thing or be forced to drop the matter.

The hearing will be at your nearest court so they wont want to pay a fortune to get there, shame you dont live in Cornwall. This menas they are likely to consider a stop loss position and discontinue once they realise you arent going to now roll over and pay up.

You have lots more ammuntions, for example, whay are they claiming 160 when if they are claiming from the keeper the POFA sest the maximum they can claim as the amount fixed by the charge notified in the NTK. they cant add on costs, which they can with the driver if their signs ahve a clause warning of this. As the keeper wasnt there to read the signs it cnat apply. That is normal contract law as well as being in the POFA.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

I just feel overwhelmed by it all.

okay thanks Sunday is the 33rd day.

You're doing OK, Justice. Stick with it, you'll get there with the guys' help.

HB

I just feel overwhelmed by it all.

okay thanks Sunday is the 33rd day.
    no as post 32

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Sep 2018

Ok after reading through the POFA and many many threads I actually think I feel worse about this situation.
    I really feel like I will crumble attending a court and gathering and presenting the evidence in a witness statement.
    Especially since reading this thread
    Re: VCS PCN Caimform - Car park: Berkeley Centre, Ecclesall RDicon, Sheffield, S11 8PN, where the defended has been sent a 48 page document off the claimant since filing his defence!
    I really did not realise this could turn into something so time-consuming and I half wish I had paid it.
    That said I am most grateful for the time you guys have put in.
    I think I have found the single line defence you speak of post #17 of this thread.
    I really hope they realise they are wrong and drop it otherwise I risk being a stuttering idiot in court.

Is this sufficient?

1. The claimant cannot rely upon the POFA 2012 to create a keeper liability and the defendant denies being the driver at the time.
    this means there is no cause for action by the claimant against the defendant.

Do I also need this?

2. In any case there was no breach of contract as no applicable contractual condition was offered to the driver at the time.

3. The signage at the site entrance is not a contract but an invitation to treat so the claimant cannot rely upon it to create terms by which the driver would be bound.

Thank you
    Gosh...I know exactly what you are going through. My mothers in the same boat as you. St Marys and VCS. We could compare our findings.

As usual VCS has written a load of crap to frighten you into paying up now as they know if you turn up in Court they will lose.
    Once they see your defence they may not even bother paying the Court fee so just relax and look how many other cases have been won against these crooks-and how often they back down at the last moment.
    They exist to rip off motorists before any case is heard in Court and they don't win when the motorist/keeper turns up.
    If we thought you had no hope in Court we would have advised you already.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details