People parking in front of our business property

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2302 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have no idea if this is the correct forum, so please forgive me if it should have been posted elsewhere!

My husband has just rented an industrial unit to start his business.

It's been empty for some months previously

people have understandably used the space outside for parking.

However, since we received the keys, only one person has had the decency to come over and apologise and move his vehicle.

Every day we go and cars are parked outside of the unit meaning we have to park elsewhere;

and at the side,

where the large delivery doors are,

is also sometimes blocked,

despite a huge 'Keep Clear' sign.

I've tried searching Google, but can't find anything to do with our issue.

I was hoping that someone could point us in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

Realise the impotence of proofreading everything you write.

Whats your landlord said about it? Are there any gates you can use to keep vehicles out?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

The landlord said he'll 'have a word', but it's difficult to know who's cars they are as it's a busy industrial estate. There are no gates, just faded parking bays.

i'll move this to the private parking forum.

dx

• Sad 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

A large sign on gates saying 'Please do not park in front of gates. Access required 24/7'.

Are the vehicles parked on a Council-adopted road or carriageway?

Does access drive hav a dropped Kerb?

Have a friendly chat with local CEO.

Ask local Council to paint a 'warning' white line 'dog bone' on carriageway, in front of access gates.

Any new changes may dissuade some regular parkers claiming 'reasonable expectation'.

Obviously, you'd need to ask the landlords permission, but something like these might be a good option. Click Here

It means you can 'preserve' access and your spaces, without going down the route of employing any ex cowboy clampers. Probably the best option in the long run.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Thank you for moving the thread, and thank you for all of the suggestions! I love the banana in the tailpipe! lol. Seriously, we will probably start with a polite notice, and then move onto the folding bollard idea, I like that! I'm just not sure where we stand, legally. It's a unit on an industrial estate, it has no paths, just faded white lines as parking bays, directly in front of the unit. The landlord is a decent chap, but he's very, very busy and difficult to get hold of; I suppose we can send him an email and ask him what our options are. Are these people technically breaking the law?

One of the simplest and cheapest barriers are the poles that are set in the ground and you lift them up to lock them into place. Drop in poles will do the same thing but you then have to take them somewhere when you are using the facility. The people parking there arent breaking the law because no-one has told them they cant park there formally but could be committing a civil tort of trespass and that means it may be possible to sue them for your losses if for example you cant get things delivered and you have to employ someone to do the legwork. Now as you will have to quantify your losses it is a long drawn out procedure and would be very time consuming to chase several miscreants.

Apart from the fact parking co's are useless you would create problems if you employed one because any rights to enforce any condition actually lies with your landlord.

I would be discussing the simple barriers with your LL and try and get him to agree sharing the cost as he will benefit in the long run. The ones DF has linked to are certainly the cheapest and easiest option but more vulnerable to damage than ones that are set into the ground.