Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    blueda Informative blueda Informative blueda Informative blueda's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Dec 2008

I stopped the direct debiticon right away as soon as the new supplier took over,
    Chess for a time were sending online requests for payment every month and then they stopped after january ,

I was hoping that they gave up and left alone.

The letter is now posted 1st class proof of posting, I am also going to call Chess to let them know that the letter is on its way.

I have called Chess and spoken to the person who will probably read the letter, so she knows what the letter is about and that it is on its way.
    The Chess invoice is for early termination of contract.

I explained why i left Chess.

Site Team The Consumer Action Group Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch's Avatar

Cagger since : Sep 2007

Default Re: Chess Ltd and True Telecom

When you receive their usual response.....here is your response.

Should the alleged amount claimed include an early termination charge(s) amounting to the entire balance of the remaining contract. OFCOM guidance states that any Early Termination Charge that is made up of the entire balance if the remaining contract is unlikely to be fair as it fails to take into account the fact that the provider no longer has to provide and pay for their service.

Andy

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Thanks Andyorch I will use that to respond to the letter from Chess when it arrives.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

I have received
    an an email from Chess which totally ignores the phone callicon i made and the letter that i sent which says pay up or legal action to follow.

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

Pers i think its time to now ignore and bounce their emails?
    Be the email doesn't say will anything

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    Click Here To Make A Donation
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if necessary
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Hi dx, what do you mean bounce their emails ?

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Dont accept then
    Block the address
    Bounce emails back
    Use a search engine!

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Thanks dx,

The email is as follows

Pre Legal warning
    Outstanding balance 500 plus

Please note your account has now been escalated to the Pre Legal department in respect of the unpaid balance to Chess Ltd which is now seriously overdue

you should contact 0844 or email prelegal to make payment or to confirm your intention with regards to this matter

The account will remain with the pre legal department for 10 days from today.

If the account is still unresolved it will automatically be referred to our Solicitors at which point it will enter a legal process incurring additional charges in accordance with the late payment of commercial Debts ( interest act 1998 )

Chess shares payment information with credit reference Agencies , failure to settle the balance will have detrimental to your credit score and rating.

Another option is to bring the services back to Chess in which case we can remove any termination fees levied.

I also earlier called Chess pre legal department and was told that they do have the letter that i sent in july regarding the unautharised extras and was told that Chess can off 85 off the balance, at which i said i have a much bigger financial issue with Chess and True telecom who sold the account to Chess and that is that i was paying way higher than to BT whom i left to go to True telecom.

stop ringing these people...
    bounce the emails
    block the address

writing only

lets see where they go.

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Thanks dx, I am going to send Chess a final email and tell them correspondence by letter only and that their emails will be blocked.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

I have sent Chess a final email, I have stated that i will not be sending or receiving any further emails from them and that all correspondence to be in writing by postal service.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details