Chess Ltd and True Telecom

blueda
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2048 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so you havent botherd telling them you dont want their service?

As said, you should have done this within a month of the notifiation of the price hike.

cancelling the DD will stop your money going to them

but wont solve the problem of the contract you dont want, that requires you to be proactive.

It exists for reasons given so you have to find another provider and tell these people you are off,

hopefully without penalty

but you may be stuck with paying a get out fee

because you couldnt be bothered to read your email

or cancel the contract as soon as you heard about anything.

ericsbrother,

Chess do know that i have moved to another provider,

The new provider sent them notification,

I called Chess and was offered a cheaper deal,

not as good as ive got from new provider,

and the Chess deal included a new contract of 18 months which i have not accepted

mostly because i did not like their service,

The broadband was weak and i felt let down by True telecom soon after the contract was secured,

I was no better off as i was promised.

As for the emails, I own and manually work in a small family business which used to be run by my Father,

The phone and broadband is paid through the business,

I work on the tools during the day,

at night and weekends i price jobs,

deal with bills and invoices,

Go and see and measure prospective new jobs.

I do check my emails every day,

both business and private emails

and i get a lot of unwanted stuff like plant hire offers insurance van sale and hire,

reminders to get a price in for a job that i never agreed to price in the first place from an Architect that i have never met or heard from etc,

I never noticed the mail from Chess until recently when i was deleting read and unwanted mail,

I had never heard of a company called Chess which could easily have been dismissed by me as unwanted mail,

for instance i may have had to deal with paying several merchant bills online before the deadline.

As i have said before,

The first time i heard about Chess is when i was looking at my business online banking and checking the direct debits,

I was doing so to find out if i could make any savings and i saw Chess Ltd, I then called to ask who they are.

I am wondering if i should fill in questionaire from Chess or doing so might give them ammunition to use against me.

what questionnaire...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

so you havent botherd telling them you dont want their service?

As said, you should have done this within a month of the notifiation of the price hike.

cancelling the DD will stop your money going to them

but wont solve the problem of the contract you dont want, that requires you to be proactive.

It exists for reasons given so you have to find another provider and tell these people you are off,

hopefully without penalty

but you may be stuck with paying a get out fee

because you couldnt be bothered to read your email

or cancel the contract as soon as you heard about anything.

I did not receive any information of a price hike.

An email Chess sent asking me why i had cancelled the direct debit.

I have done a search of my emails.

24 March from True Telecom.

True Telecom has partnered with Total to offer you some of the best energy deals in the UK.

28 April Welcome to Chess,

Were pleased to tell you that since 1 March weve been providing your Telecoms services after acquiring your account from True Telecom.

That is the first contact from Chess to me and it escaped my notice at the time.

I have accepted a new contract from another and well known long established provider.

The broker who arranged the new deal told me that True Telecom were in breach of contract by selling the account, However i suppose they would maybe say that anyway.

sorry but your actions or lack of them tell a different story.

You didnt cancel the agreement back in March,

you didnt cancel it when the price hike happened

and unless you have an account with someone else that dates back to then

you are stuck with them because they have done what they need to do to create a contract with you.

If Chess are supposedly providing you a service on a line that is currently looked after by someone else then they owe you money

but you will need to get the gen from you new provider.

As in my above post,

Chess sent me an email dated 28 April informing me that they had taken over my account on 1 March, Which means that they had been in charge of providing me with broadband and landline for 58 days before sending me an email, the only contact.

The new provider has been supplying for just over 2 weeks .

The email of 24 March saying True Telecom have partnered with Total ( whoever they are )

Chess purchased my account on 1 March then True Telecom emailed me to say they have partnered with Total, which is 23 days after Chess say they own my account.

Sounds like if i go to someones house and start to build a brick wall in their garden without being asked to do so, and the owner does not stop me then i invoice them and that person is under contract with me and if they dont pay me then i can take legal action to recover money,

Or if a company is building an extension at a house and before completion sells to another company who take over the building who complete the building without agreement and invoice the customer.

I have checked the bank statements,

True Telecom last collected on 12 May,

Chess first collected on 12 June,

There has not been a price hike from Chess,

the discontent i have is after signing to True Telecom and the cooling off period was over i was not saving at all with True Telecom and this continued with Chess.

your example of going to someones house without permission is utterly fatuous and you know this by following up with a more reralistic scenario.

So now you are saying that there has been no price rise since they took over the account?

You dont say when you took your business elsewhere,

there will be a migration code that the new supplier has to get to do this so the old one should stop billing after the agreed takeover date.

Giving us a timeline of everything rather than bits of the story would be useful so who, when etc.

Everything esle you say to mitigate your lack of control over this isnt relevant as already said,

they have done the minimum they are required to do

and if it is a business account you may be in deeper mire than you would if it is a home phone as any get outs wont automatically apply.

The same would apply if you got a letter and didnt open it or chucked it in the bin, that doesnt mean they havent sent it

Thanks ericsbrother, I appreciate what you are pointing out to me.

The timeline is as follows

Chess We understand that you have requested that changes be made to some or all of the communications services that we, Chess ICT, currently provide you with.

While we are processing your request, We need to let you know that these services will be subject to early termination fees.

Any fees will be applied as per our terms and conditions, Which you can find here:http://chessict.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/

Product/Type of service Single line. Date of notification 22/11/2017 Estimate end date 6/12/2017. Contract end date Feb 2019.

If you are moving services to another provider, The transfer will take place automatically on the migration date and you dont need to contact us.

This is in line with the agreed industry process.

Timescales to cease products and services are given as an approximate guidance, These may vary according to the product being ceased.

After your services have been transferred or ceased, You will receive a final bill, Which will set out Early termination fees due. This is payable immediately.

New provider

Great Value Phone and broadband are on their way

Not long now

Your super Router will be winging its way to your home in the post in a few days before your broadband is connected.

Your Fast broadband will be connected on 6 December 2017.

The above 2 posts are correspondence from the old and new suppliers.

An issue that i also posted that i have also been billed for

Care level

Fraud monitor

Line assurance

Voicemail

One thing i do have is an answering machine with a recorded message set up by ourselves.

don't think that's what eric meant as a timeline.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

well,

you have posted some of the date so a completer list of the relevant dastes for when you joined the first company,

what they sent,

when you entered into a contract with this other provider etc

Also when you realised the DD was going out,

when you realised it was going to someone else,

when you stopped it,

when your first dd's went to the new company you signed up with

All in chronological order so the overlaps can be looked at.

The new co shouldny have taken over your line without a migration code so any billing overlap is suspect (but may still be contractual rather thn just a dd left running)

until we know who was your provider before and after and when you migrtaed from chess then I cant say.

we are trying to find out whether there is a contractual obligation to them even if they arent your service provider,

you could owe them a fortune if their break away terms say so.

so who were all of the parties and when did each stop/start?

you are still missing the entire question,

True took over from whom and on what type of contract domestic or business how long for?

are Chess demanding money for breaching the contract?

how much and why?

If they arent after anything and are happy for you to migrate elsewhere

what are you after other than a moan due to your misundersatanding of the law

True Telecom took over from B T for a three year contract,

Chess who have taken over the account have told me by letter dated 24th November,

the transfer will take place automatically on the migration date and you dont need to talk to us.

This is in line with the agreed industry process.

Timescales to cease products and services are given as an approximate guidance, these may vary according to the product being ceased.

After your services have been transferred or ceased,

You will receive a final bill,

Which will set out any early termination fees due.

This is payable immediately.

We have given estimated dates for when we will stop providing our products and services.

These are for guidance only, and may vary depending on the product.

So far i have received the November invoice and not yet the early termination and final bill,

The letter says the estimated early termination fee is £472.

I pay the phone and broadband through the business ,

however the billing is in my name and the business name,

The phone and broadband are in my home and are used for business and domestic use.

The new contract with Talk Talk is set up to be paid from my business account and correspondence to my own full name.

Also Chess and True Telecom have my home address on record.

I have a business address which is no longer used as an office and is my Mum,s house from the time when my late Dad ran the company.

if they think its a business debt

they must specifically state such in their letters.

there is a big difference upon the actions they can take should this goto court and they gain judgement.

and they

I called Talk Talk and the new service is residential,

It could be that Chess was residential, i am trying to find out without calling Chess.

I know that Chess is registered in England,

I am in Scotland and wondering if there is a difference in Telecomunication law.

there is no mention of business in their correspondence.

Hi dx, there is no mention of business contract in their correspondence, and so far i have not received final bill or early termination fee.

reason why it is important is because a business cannot rely on consumer law for protection so you may well end up having to pay them off to get out of the contract.

Wouldn't matter if it contained unfair terms, massive penalties etc and they can also add fees and charges to the account without much of an explanation as to how they arrived at the figures.

mention of the business name makes me think that you should expect the worst outome

So was it a business line when it was with BT.

It is frustrating that you arent thinking ahead and I have to keep repeating the same sort of question.

I did say contractS

so in addition, do you have more than 1 line into your house?

true/chess only do business accounts

is you current Talk talk account business too?

or is it residential..

i'l go back to what I said in the first place

it cant harm your credit file

it a business debt on a defunct? business

was this a ltd company or a sole trader

and they

Hi ericsbrother,

I have had a look at emails from Chess,

One says welcome to your Chess bundle and has my own name, invoice notices has the business name with my residential address,

The old BT account was business line.

I do not have any other line.

When i took over the business i moved the business number to my home address and cancelled my residential number to save money,

I have a mobile phone sim contract with 02 which is also listed on my business cards letter heads and van which has always been seperate from the landline and broadband.

So only one line in the house plus broadband.

dx100uk

Talk Talk are the new supplier and have confirmed it is a residential contract,

The business i run i am a sole trader and still trading.

so a BT business line transferred to a business line.

My opinion is you are stuck with the contract and will have to pay them their money to the end of its term.

Needless to say you should be able to deduct line rental as they arent paying BT that so let them know this when you offer to settle.

DX asked whether it was a ltd co or sole trader/partnership.

If Ltd co and has been wound up then no harm in not paying

but if partnership or sole trader you remain responsible personally

so better get it sorted but make sure you are only paying for things you need to pay for.