Paypal Fraud claim by buyer

Mark Zabel
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2302 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi ,

Just wondering if anyone could help .

my daughter sold an I phone 6 on E Bay on the 20th June ,

It was in perfect working order .

On the 6th of October she was contacted by the buyer asking to erase her icloud account from the phone ,

She replied to the buyer saying that the phone had been taken back to factory settings and she did not have anything attached to the phone .

On the 9th of October the buyer had contacted Paypal and raised a claim that the phone was not as described and her paypal account was showing a minus £145 balance ??

Paypal had told him to send the phone back to her and as soon as she recieved it they gave him his £145 back !!.

On receiving the phone she establised the screen to be broken and the device would not power on .

she contacted Paypal to find out what was going on and to explain that the phone was broken .

They said that she needed to go to and get the damaged accessed by a 3rd party who was quailified to appraise the damage .

This she did through the Apple shop at the Trafford centre , she uploaded the appraisal and sent to them.

She checked her account a couple of days later to find the case had been closed due to insufficient evidence ??

She questioned this to be told that they have not given an estimate for it to be repaired .

They said they would hold the case for another 7 days for her to make another visit and get the estimate which she did .

she sent it to them the cost to repair was £299 .

Now they have closed the case again saying not enough evidence again as it has not got the assessors name on it .

They are now threatening to pass the Debt on to Debt collectors which has upset her no end .

She is at her wits end and does not know where to go from here .

Does anyone have any advice on where to go or what to do .

thanks Mark .

Edited by fkofilee
Spacing Added

They will pass it on to a DCA who cant do naff all...

Big scary red letters on a piece of paper but nothing will ever come of it.

Ignore them for now :)

Nothing you can do and Paypal dont report on your CRA so no need to worry.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

quite a common sc@m sadly

just for get about it

as said you'll get scary letters from DCA's

they ARE NOT BAILIFFS

and have

NO LEGAL POWERS

whatsoever.

if she wants to use PP again

just simply create a new account with slightly diff details.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You could write it off, PayPal won't really do anything apart from scary letters threatening all sorts of woes, none of which will happen.

However, if it's more a matter of principle..

Your daughter could go back to the Apple store. They will be able to interrogate the phone (even if that means taking it apart) to retrieve the devices IMEI and serial numbers.

Once you have those, talk to the telecom supplier who's network your daughter had the phone with. They will be able to tell her the IMEI number of the iPhone 6 device that last made calls on her account.

If the two IMEI numbers do not match, you have a case for fraud (by the buyer) and all of the proof you need to get PayPal to reverse their ridiculous original decision.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Hi Guys thanks for your advice ,

My daughter is so upset shes not sleeping and its really making her ill ,

We are and she is a law abiding citizens and would never dream that anyone could come up with a such sneaky underhanded trick like this and get their money back , It really make my blood boil . I will post any futher outcome on here, thanks again . Mark .

just tell her to forget about it

paypal don't do court

and a DCA nor their fake/tame solicitors can't either

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...