Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder vizkij Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Dec 2016

Lightbulb FSCS Decision letter on Pension

Dear those who have had decision letter or have Knowledge

The letter said my lost was 80,000 (this is what my pension would be worth)
    however the amount they put as transferred was the amount my new current pension is worth 40,000(this is what they awarded me)
    however at the time of transfer the amount was 19,000 NOT 40,000.

I am lead to believe that my current pension should not be used as a decision. Only the pension at the time of transfer.

Were they right to use my current pension figure as the amount transferred when it 19,000. less broker fees

My current pension is not income guaranteed it an shared investment policy

They also didn't take in to consideration Life Insuranceicon attached or brokers or life time brokers fee attached to my pension

Do I need to make a separate claim for life insurances attached to my pension.
    I was lead to believe this should of been included in the calculations

Any examples of FSCS Decision well be appreciated feel free to change figures and name

Dear all

The FSCS used my current pension figure as a lost sum however this was not the amount transferred and the model for this pension is not the same as the pension it was transferred from.

They did not include my life insurances attached to my pension or life time brokers fees.

Thanks

Site Team honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13's Avatar

Cagger since : Nov 2009

Default Re: FSCS Decision letter on Pension

Hello there.

I've merged your threads, it's best to stick with one.

Can you type up their calculations please, minus any identifiable information? It could help people to advise you.

HB

Basic Account Holder vizkij Novitiate

Cagger since : Dec 2016

Default Re: FSCS Decision letter on Pension

Notional transfer value of Civil Service

Pension scheme benefits

73,995.68 73,995.68

Valuation of Scottish Widows Pension

scheme

38,524.98 35500

73,995.68 38,524.98 35,500

Net Lodgements: 35,470.70

Add Interest Equivalent Sum: 0.00

Eligible Amount: 35,500

Less Abatement: 0.00

Total Compensation Payable: 35,500
    Total Compensation Paid To Date: 0.00

Total Payment Due: 35,500

The original amount was 21,000,
    the new amount of 38,000 is what my pension is now.
    Please note I wasn't in the civil service

This does not include my occupation Life Insuranceicon attached my old pension or life broker fee deductible attached to my current pension.

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details