style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2321 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can someone please help me

I am going round in circles and can not navigate this forum at all

I am disabled and my head is so foggy and I need help Please

So sorry new here and finding this all a bit confusing and not sure where to post.

I am in an argument with Jackpot.com who say I clicked a subscription box when I did not.

I popped on there occasionally to bet on the EuroMillions or so I thought. Turns out I wasn't actually buying tickets for the draw but that is another issue entirely.

So today I see £16 has gone out of my bank account so I ask them to cancel the subscription and to refund my money.

They are refusing point blank to give me my money and gave me the run around all morning.

Have I got any rights?

Thanks in advance for any help at all

Contact your bank immediately on the telephone and then confirm in writing. Tell them that money has been taken from your account and it has been authorised and also there is a risk that further money will be taken from your bank account by the same people.

Tell them that you are reporting it as a fraud. That you want all payments stopped and that you want the money taken by the company reimbursed.

The bank will try to persuade you that in fact you authorised the payment because you visited the website. Standby your guns. Don't say things like "I'm sure I didn't…" "I can't remember that I did…". These things open the door to the bank to dominate you and to give themselves the benefit of the doubt. Tell the bank that you absolutely did not authorise and that you thoroughly understand what you are doing and there is no way you would have authorised that payment.

If the bank because even the slightest difficulty then tell them immediately that you want to make a complaint and you will be taking it to the FOS. Insist that you speak to their complaints department and insist that you get a reference number for the complaint so that you begin the process. The bank is required to repay you immediately and then investigate afterwards. The banks don't like this and they routinely ignore the rules.

Which bank are we talking about anyway?

Thank you so much

I am with the HSBC

I am disabled housebound and do not use the phone can this be done by email?

You would think in this day and age we could sort things out quickly by email.

I am so angry about this because I know I am right and Jackpot.com are being so awkward.

Is there not a distance selling rule applicable to this?

Went onto the bank site and got a really nice chap in live chat

He has reported it as fraud and cancelled my card and issued a new one

HUGE relief.

Thanks so much I don't know why I didn't think of looking on the online banking for an email or live chat :0)

Hopelessly Stupid Bunch of – I can't remember what the C stands for.

It seems that you have met the decent person within the bank – either that or you are an extremely charming person.

I do suggest that you follow it up with a letter to them confirming what has happened and confirming that no more payments are to be made to this company. Keep a copy of the letter you sent. In fact you can normally download the chat– I would do this as well if it's not too late but send the letter too

Incidentally, be ready for calls and threats from the Jackpot company

LOL Cats??

He was very helpful

Fogot to copy the chat

I did however take lots of screen shots of my chat with Jackpot

They can shout all they like I will do to them what they did to me.

The thing is they are not losing anything the next draw isn't till Friday so they could have very easily refunded me they just chose not to.

Thanks for helping me I was very frazzled when I posted on here

Thread moved to the appropriate forum.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread