Tax credits check following a PIP application

Rosie8
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2329 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I've just got a letter from HMRC regarding tax credit checks saying that they think my payments maybe wrong.

I am on JSA and due to mental health problems applied for PIP taking the advice of my support worker.

They want to see all my details,proofs of children living with me and proof of all my job searches since September.

There was no change in my circumstances.The only change is my eldest turning 18 in January but continuing non-advanced education.

They requested my details from 05/04/17.

I have almost all the information they are asking for but receipts of spendings.

Should I be worried?Is this a common process?

Rosie

Are you sure the letter is from HMRC ? Not sure why they would ask about job searches, as that is something DWP might ask about.

If you have a support worker still helping you, it might be best to see them about this.

If you can confirm exactly who has written to you, from what office and what the letter actually says, then people might be able to advise what this is about. It might just be a review into your situation, just to check whether your current state benefits are appropriate or not.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

My support worker is very busy and didn't get back to me yet.

My worry is that can it be that my PIP application made them check on me?

I am not well enough to look for work but I do it anyway.

I filled in the PIP form and told about my bad days.I consider trying to change to ESA after PIP assessment probably.

Now worried that I am in trouble stating I am not very well to DWP and this is why they want to check on me.

Support worker initially said this would not be a problem.