Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder newboy23 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jan 2015

Default Mobile phone sent back to wrong address

Hi
    I have sent my mobile phone to a shop in Nottingham to be repaired, and they have sent it back to the wrong address ,

the bloke is claiming that is address that i sent him,
    which is total .. as the address it was sent back to is 400 miles away,
    he has said theres nothing he can do,
    is this right ?

Site Team honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13's Avatar

Cagger since : Nov 2009

Default Re: Mobile phone sent back to wrong address

Can you tell us a bit more about what's happened please, newboy?

HB

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Follows
    Following

i sent the phone to him as he has a shop which repairs phones,
    he has had the phone for 3 months now,

i have kept emailing him to ask when is it going to be returned,
    and he keeps fobbing me of,

then eventually he gave me a tracking number which when i checked it was delivered from the EVESHAM ,
    Im down in Kent

Site Team The Consumer Action Group BankFodder has disabled reputation BankFodder's Avatar

Cagger since : Jan 2006

Blog Entries

How did you communicate your address to him? Was on the phone or was it in writing? Do you have a record of what information you provided to him?

Warning: I use dictation software. Beware of homophones!
    Have you read our dealing with customer services guide?
    Please don't pm me about specific questions unless you have posted and it has not been dealt with or unless the matter is confidential.

All attribution rights and moral rights in my copyright work are asserted
    Advice & opinions of BankFodder, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.
    Follows
    Following

Quote Originally Posted by BankFodder View Post
    How did you communicate your address to him? Was on the phone or was it in writing? Do you have a record of what information you provided to him?
    The address was sent with the phone

Site Team The Consumer Action Group BankFodder has disabled reputation BankFodder's Avatar

Blog Entries

Hmmm, that's unhelpful. I suppose that you enclosed a note with the phone but you haven't kept any copy of it.

Well of course you can complain and if you end up in the county courticon, my betting is that a judge will prefer your version to the repairers version. Probably better than 80% chance that you would win.

Is the repairer prepared to give you the address to which he sent it?

I suppose that you are dealing with the repairer on the phone – but you aren't keeping any evidence of those calls either.

Read our customer servicesicon guide and implement the advice there. Then try to have some – gentle and not-angry phone conversations with the repairer and see what information you can get out of him while you are recording the call.

It will be interesting if he refuses to give you the address to which he sent the phone. But make sure you have implemented our customer servicesicon guide first.

Then come back here

Please don't pm me about specific questions unless you have posted and it has not been dealt with or unless the matter is confidential.

Advice & opinions of BankFodder, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.
    Follows
    Following

Blog Entries

Incidentally, to be clear, the point of discovering the destination address is to see whether the occupier of that address had any other business with your repairer. It would be extremely helpful to have some evidence that the repairer also had business with that person and then when sending off your phone accidentally put that other customers address.

Also, how was the telephone sent? Presumably it was sent by tracked insured post. Was it sent with your name on the label to the wrong address or was it sent with somebody else's name on the label?

I should do some gentle probing on the telephone to see what you can find out – but after you have implemented our customer servicesicon guide

Follows
    Following

Hi I have been emailing the repairer and he has given me the address of where it was sent and the persons name comes up on the tracking number he has provided,

if I take it to a small claimsicon does he have to repay the costs of the claim if I win,
    and should I send him any kind of pre warning that I'm going to do it ?

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

i know this sounds silly but..........have you contact the person that got your phone?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    Click Here To Make A Donation
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if necessary
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Quote Originally Posted by dx100uk View Post
    i know this sounds silly but..........have you contact the person that got your phone?
    He has only just gave me the address and when I asked for a phone he reckons all he had was a postal address but yes I guess I'm going to have to write to that address and see

Site Team mariner51 Highly informative mariner51 Highly informative mariner51 Highly informative mariner51 Highly informative mariner51 Highly informative mariner51 Highly informative mariner51's Avatar

Cagger since : Jan 2011

The obvious action if the recipient is honest.
    Can you provide proof you gave repairer a legible, valid return address at time?

Royalties Account Holder ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative

Cagger since : Nov 2012

In the first instance ask the recipient to send the phone back to the shop.

The shop should reimburse them for doing this so tell the shop that is what you expect.

If either party says they wont (or the recipient ignores you (put your email addy in your letter so you can request they keep you informed) then your argument is still with the shop and they ahve to sort out the mess.
    Yes, you can sue them if they cant make good but give them a chance first

Blog Entries

If the details show that it was addressed to a person of a different name so that not only was the address wrong but so was the name then it beggars belief that you gave those details.

If that's the information that you have and that it was addressed to a different person than I think that you have absolutely no difficulty in forcing a claim if you need to.

I'm not sure that you have told us what the value of this telephone is

Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details