Mobile phone sent back to wrong address

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2302 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have sent my mobile phone to a shop in Nottingham to be repaired, and they have sent it back to the wrong address ,

the bloke is claiming that is address that i sent him,

which is total .. as the address it was sent back to is 400 miles away,

he has said theres nothing he can do,

is this right ?

i sent the phone to him as he has a shop which repairs phones,

he has had the phone for 3 months now,

i have kept emailing him to ask when is it going to be returned,

and he keeps fobbing me of,

then eventually he gave me a tracking number which when i checked it was delivered from the EVESHAM ,

Im down in Kent

How did you communicate your address to him? Was on the phone or was it in writing? Do you have a record of what information you provided to him?

Hmmm, that's unhelpful. I suppose that you enclosed a note with the phone but you haven't kept any copy of it.

Well of course you can complain and if you end up in the County Court, my betting is that a judge will prefer your version to the repairers version. Probably better than 80% chance that you would win.

Is the repairer prepared to give you the address to which he sent it?

I suppose that you are dealing with the repairer on the phone – but you aren't keeping any evidence of those calls either.

Read our customer services guide and implement the advice there. Then try to have some – gentle and not-angry phone conversations with the repairer and see what information you can get out of him while you are recording the call.

It will be interesting if he refuses to give you the address to which he sent the phone. But make sure you have implemented our customer services guide first.

Then come back here

Incidentally, to be clear, the point of discovering the destination address is to see whether the occupier of that address had any other business with your repairer. It would be extremely helpful to have some evidence that the repairer also had business with that person and then when sending off your phone accidentally put that other customers address.

Also, how was the telephone sent? Presumably it was sent by tracked insured post. Was it sent with your name on the label to the wrong address or was it sent with somebody else's name on the label?

I should do some gentle probing on the telephone to see what you can find out – but after you have implemented our customer services guide

Hi I have been emailing the repairer and he has given me the address of where it was sent and the persons name comes up on the tracking number he has provided,

if I take it to a small claims does he have to repay the costs of the claim if I win,

and should I send him any kind of pre warning that I'm going to do it ?

i know this sounds silly but..........have you contact the person that got your phone?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i know this sounds silly but..........have you contact the person that got your phone?

He has only just gave me the address and when I asked for a phone he reckons all he had was a postal address but yes I guess I'm going to have to write to that address and see

In the first instance ask the recipient to send the phone back to the shop.

The shop should reimburse them for doing this so tell the shop that is what you expect.

If either party says they wont (or the recipient ignores you (put your email addy in your letter so you can request they keep you informed) then your argument is still with the shop and they ahve to sort out the mess.

Yes, you can sue them if they cant make good but give them a chance first

If the details show that it was addressed to a person of a different name so that not only was the address wrong but so was the name then it beggars belief that you gave those details.

If that's the information that you have and that it was addressed to a different person than I think that you have absolutely no difficulty in forcing a claim if you need to.

I'm not sure that you have told us what the value of this telephone is