VCS PCN - Stopping n LIverpool Business Park [part of airport?]

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2260 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I am just after a bit of advice on how best to hand a PCN issued to one of our vehicles for 'stopping' on Liverpool business park.

The vehicle in question had a puncture and the driver parked up in a disused driveway, whilst waiting for the fitter to go to him to replace the tyre.

We received the usual 'PCN' from VCS to which I appealed,

i have now had a reply from them saying that they will only hear the appeal if I provide the drivers name and address,

for which i am not prepared to do,

as the appeal will be rejected and they will bombard the poor sod with their nonsense.

Am i best replying to VCS now or just leave it for the time being ?

Thanks,

you mean john lennon airport I bet?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i would suspect it is part of the whole contract they might have with JLA

and the no stopping is easily defeated

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?483441-VCS-No-Stopping-PCN-Livepool-Airport(2-Viewing)-nbsp&p=5082564#post5082564

post 6 and the numerous other threads here too.

can you complete this please:

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?462118-Have-you-received-a-Parking-Ticket

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

there are several reason why this wont stick but you need to understand the reasons and VCS's modus operandi.

1. the land is covered by its own byelaws so they dont have a say in matters of this or any other nature

2, you were broken down, not parked

3 if the 2 things above werent true they would have failed to mitigate thier loss by not helping you or at least warning you that you shouldnt be there

4 they never create a keeper liability and as they didnt bother to find out who the driver was at the time they have no reason to contact the keeper and harass them for money.

There is no quick fix so be prepared to spned some time over the next year just waiting for them to send the next letter etc.

We will advise you on what to say and when once you have shown that you are beginning to understand how this all works and what law actually matters.

They'll try, that's for certain.

But it's unlikely (once you know your stuff) that they'd be able to make it stick and actually get any money out of the keeper.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

well,

they dont use keeper liability so they tell lies instead.

They do take people to court but lose the defended claims because they have no right to offer contracts as byelews trump their efforts

and it is not " relevant land" under POFA so cannot create keeper liability anyway,

regardless of their crap NTK's

Thanks for the info guys, i just wanted to be sure that they couldn't come after us as the vehicle keeper if i refused to name the driver, cheers.

• 2 months later...

yes

the 2 line jobbie!

and they