Credit score reduction

Jim Davis
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2300 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Andy.

Thanks for your reply.

Do you think you would have to divulge personal financial information such as CCJ's if you applied

for a job as a Project Manager within the MOD?

Project managers within the MOD are in charge of enormous budgets running into millions of pounds.

Yes, they would need to divulge it.

There are 2 main factors;

a) is this person a financial risk?. Having a CCJ might indicate 'poor financial planning', but it would also depend when / why / for how much

b) is this person a security risk?. Not divulging it might mean that the person 'wants to hide it', and might be susceptible to blackmail / pressure over that, or anything else they had 'hidden'..

A 'poor credit score' in the absence of a CCJ? They won't be bothered. They might ask about it, but could be reassured by the reply "well, yes, I was surprised when I saw that, as I don't have any defaults / CCJ's.

I put it down to not having any loans / credit card / debts, but since I'm not planning on taking out any credit I'm not bothered by it!", answering both the questions "are they financially vulnerable?" and "are they susceptible to blackmail?".

Sorry Bazzas but you are completely wrong based upon my own experience with the MOD 20 years ago.

When I applied for a project manager position I didnt know I had a CCJ due to never receiving and court paperwork

before or after the CCJ was issued.

I was offered the position despite this so CCJ's have nothing to do with it.

The MOD didn't consider me to be financially vulnerable or suseptible to blackmail.

Neither did they consider me dishonest for not revealing a CCJ even though I never knew I had one at the time.

When I applied for another job, the MOD bosses asked me to stay due to my excellent work.

I left for a better paid job within the Civil Service and got that despite having an unsatisfied CCJ at the time.

When I discovered I had a CCJ I paid it off immediately in cash.

For both my Civil Service jobs I went through enhanced security vetting and passed with flying colours.

Yes, they would need to divulge it.

There are 2 main factors;

a) is this person a financial risk?. Having a CCJ might indicate 'poor financial planning', but it would also depend when / why / for how much

b) is this person a security risk?. Not divulging it might mean that the person 'wants to hide it', and might be susceptible to blackmail / pressure over that, or anything else they had 'hidden'..

A 'poor credit score' in the absence of a CCJ? They won't be bothered. They might ask about it, but could be reassured by the reply "well, yes, I was surprised when I saw that, as I don't have any defaults / CCJ's.

I put it down to not having any loans / credit card / debts, but since I'm not planning on taking out any credit I'm not bothered by it!", answering both the questions "are they financially vulnerable?" and "are they susceptible to blackmail?".

Sorry Bazzas but you are completely wrong based upon my own experience with the MOD 20 years ago.

When I applied for a project manager position I didnt know I had a CCJ due to never receiving and court paperwork

before or after the CCJ was issued.

I was offered the position despite this so CCJ's have nothing to do with it.

The MOD didn't consider me to be financially vulnerable or suseptible to blackmail.

Neither did they consider me dishonest for not revealing a CCJ even though I never knew I had one at the time.

When I applied for another job, the MOD bosses asked me to stay due to my excellent work.

I left for a better paid job within the Civil Service and got that despite having an unsatisfied CCJ at the time.

When I discovered I had a CCJ I paid it off immediately in cash. For both my Civil Service jobs I went through

enhanced security vetting and passed with flying colours.

“Enhanced security vetting”?

PV? EPV? (As was), or

(More recently) (E)DV??

I don’t see the contradiction between the two positions though;

”Having a CCJ might indicate 'poor financial planning', but it would also depend when / why / for how much” and your “I got a job despite having a CCJ”, while the same applies for the blackmail issue : the first time you didn’t know about the CCJ (so weren’t trying to hide it!), the second time you don’t say if you were trying to hide it / caught trying to hide it or not.

Mind you:

Hi Andy.

Thanks for your reply.

Do you think you would have to divulge personal financial information such as CCJ's if you applied

for a job as a Project Manager within the MOD?

Project managers within the MOD are in charge of enormous budgets running into millions of pounds.

It looks like you are asking questions to which you feel you know the answer, why is that?