SCS wont let me cancel

Dee2uk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2304 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello there.

First time poster,

found you when googling for help.

I went to SCS 3 weeks ago and ordered a sofa, albeit halfheartedly as the salesman was like my shadow.

I have since that day found out I will not be financially able to pay for this with their credit company, due to genuine unforeseen circumstances.

I spoke to Ikano their credit people,

who was very nice and cancelled when Id explained, and gave me a reference number to take to the store to cancel.

I did and was told to call their head office,

who then told me to go back to the store which I did.

He said Oh no I have to have it as they (scs ) have already paid...err no I was having credit.

As its only 3 weeks I thought Id get in quick before it's delivered,

so my question is is can I refuse the delivery when and if it does come?

many thanks for any advice given.

Can you tell us if this was a stock/catalogue item or whether you have ordered some special custom made item?

In that case write them a letter – send it by email and also by recorded delivery. Tell them that you are cancelling the order for the carpet (don't use the word contract) because it has been frustrated by the refusal of their own recommended credit company to provide the finance.

Tell them that it is clear that the contract was contingent upon the provision of credit and that as this has not happened, no contact has come into being.

Tell them that they must not attempt to deliver any items to you and if there is such an attempt then the delivery will be refused. Tell them that if they make an attempt to deliver and items are left to your property then you will not be held responsible for them or for their condition or for the costs of returning them.

Do this today as a matter of urgency