Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Gold Account Holder reallymadwoman Authoritative reallymadwoman Authoritative reallymadwoman Authoritative reallymadwoman Authoritative reallymadwoman Authoritative reallymadwoman Authoritative reallymadwoman Authoritative reallymadwoman Authoritative reallymadwoman Authoritative reallymadwoman Authoritative reallymadwoman Authoritative

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jun 2007

Default Re: Child's DLA & DLA Migration to PIP

Quote Originally Posted by joeblogs View Post
    Thank you for responding RMW. I have called the PIP so called helpline a few times to try to clarify certain questions, especially Q13, but they said the 'don't know'. I also asked if I could type up the responses and stick them in the information boxes - this was a big no no, everything has to be handwritten they told me as it goes through a scanning device.This is an outright lie - many disabled couldn't write, me included, and they know it. I would have thought that it would have been easier for them to read the typed info instead of my handwriting. I also cannot understand why PIP2 is not yet available on a PDFicon format Again, DWP promised 2 years ago that electronic forms would be available soonwhich would make carer's lives so much easier if they choose to type these very lengthy applications. I did type the section where it states that as I am the DWP Appointee, every effort should be made to come to a paper based decision, and I stuck it down at the back of the application where it mentions about Face to Face interviews.

Anyway, once again, many thanks for all the input, I will update the forum as and when I hear anything.
    Best of luck

RMW
    "If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    joeblogs Informative joeblogs Informative joeblogs Informative joeblogs Informative

Cagger since : May 2008

Hi, another quick question please. I am my mum's DWP Appointee, I sent the PIP form off last week, but have since received an extremely detailed supporting medical letter documenting some of her illnesses. I have sent it to the address which was on the back of the PIP form with a letter asking them to put it with the PIP application which they received last week. In reality, do the DWP do this?
    Thanks for any advice.

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    Nystagmite Authoritative Nystagmite Authoritative Nystagmite Authoritative Nystagmite Authoritative Nystagmite Authoritative Nystagmite Authoritative Nystagmite Authoritative Nystagmite Authoritative Nystagmite Authoritative

Cagger since : Feb 2011

They do put it with the application, yes. But in my experience, they ignore supporting medical evidence.

Basic Account Holder
    joeblogs Informative joeblogs Informative joeblogs Informative joeblogs Informative

Thank you for your reply and answer to my question Nystagmite ;-)

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    Nystagmite Authoritative Nystagmite Authoritative Nystagmite Authoritative Nystagmite Authoritative Nystagmite Authoritative Nystagmite Authoritative Nystagmite Authoritative Nystagmite Authoritative Nystagmite Authoritative

You're welcome

Basic Account Holder

Default Child's DLA Renewa Pack arrived 5/6 months early

Hi

My child has been awarded DLA until February 2018. The renewal pack has arrived today with no date for return. I am in the throws of moving and then my child is having an operation and have not got the time to complete it for at least the next 6-8 weeks. I will be able to submit it by end November giving DWP 2 months to make a decision.

My question is, do I call them and inform them that I will send it back by end November, or shall I just send it back end November.

Any advice please.

Basic Account Holder

Default Child DLA Descriptors

Hi, my child's DLA renewal pack arrived a few weeks ago, I am now about to complete it.

Does anyone have a link of the Child DLA Descriptors please?

The DLA ends in February, I will send the renewal back this week, is this enough time for DWP to process the renewal?

Thanks for any advice/help

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation

Default Re: Child DLA Descriptors

As I understand it, there are no descriptors as such, like there is with PIP. You have to prove that your child has more care and /or mobility needs than a child the same age or the same needs as a younger child.

The mobility criteria for children is the same as the DLA mobility for adults.

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details