VCS No Stopping PCN - Livepool Airport

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2326 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Some help please...

I was dropping my son off at Liverpool JLA, early morning.

Forgot to bring cash for the drop off point.

No wallet.

So dropped him off a roundabout on a service road.

He had no luggage only a small holdall, so made sense.

Literally stopped for 20 seconds.

Through the post received a PCN (NTK). I have not responded.

Date of infringement 18/11/17

Date on NTK 23/11/17

Date received. 30/11/17

No mention of Schedule 4 (2012) PoFA - Mentions the Date Protection Act 1996 (relating to DVLA)

They have photographic evidence

I have not responded in anyway.

IAS is the body they use for appeals / Appeal can be sent via website myparkingcharge

Company who have sent this speculative invoice is Vehicle control Services Limited, Sheffield.

They are saying I stopped in a controlled area that has clear signage on the entrance to the private land...I would dispute that

. I was not causing an obstruction. Its a big fat [problem]. Horrible..

Any tips or what to do next. I wont be paying this in anyway shape or form. Horrible state sponsored [problem]!

thanks in advance..

Hello and welcome to CAG.

I expect the forum guys will be along later with advice for you, they may ask you for more details. If you have a look around the Private Parking forum, there are plenty of threads about John Lennon airport and I think we've had some successes.

Please bear with us until the guys can get here. :)

Best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi and welcome to CAG

This is VCS and as such appealing to them is totally worthless as they will reject you. Even if you did appeal and got rejected, it would be then pointless to go to the IAS as this 'independant' appeals service is nothing of the sort.

VCS are members of the IPC. The IAS is also part of the IPC and they always side with the company rather than the vehicle keeper.

Whatever you do, never name the driver, always say 'the driver' never, I or He or She.

There have been many cases here that include JLA and how they have been seen off. usually via the county court. VCS or EXCEL (same company) will instruct either BW Legal or Gladstones Soilicitors (who incidentally share directors with the IPC---Biased???)

Both of the above companies are inept and will do everything to confuse the matter. So long as you keep your head, you should be fine.

My opinion. Ignore everything but court papers.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

that is correct.

They will write to you several times and then get various dca's to write and they will add a unicorn food tax to the bill but that is unlawful anyway so dont be worried by the apparently escalating bill.

Private parking is all about contracts

so consider this,

how are you supposed to know about the contract their signs offer if you dont stop to read them?

they may as well say do not read this notice or you will owe us £100.

Hi and welcome to CAG

This is VCS and as such appealing to them is totally worthless as they will reject you. Even if you did appeal and got rejected, it would be then pointless to go to the IAS as this 'independant' appeals service is nothing of the sort.

VCS are members of the IPC. The IAS is also part of the IPC and they always side with the company rather than the vehicle keeper.

Whatever you do, never name the driver, always say 'the driver' never, I or He or She.

There have been many cases here that include JLA and how they have been seen off. usually via the county court. VCS or EXCEL (same company) will instruct either BW Legal or Gladstones Soilicitors (who incidentally share directors with the IPC---Biased???)

Both of the above companies are inept and will do everything to confuse the matter. So long as you keep your head, you should be fine.

My opinion. Ignore everything but court papers.

The IAS is an alternative resolution service established under EU directive and is not the appeals service set up under the PoFA. This is POPLA.

In its latest annual report, POPLA states that their assessors have allowed 34.4% of appeals made by RKs. If you add cases where the operator withdrew before the appeal was determined, this increases to 50.6%.

In short, using the appeals service intended under the legislation does give RKs the opportunity to appeal successfully.

The IAS is an alternative resolution service established under EU directive and is not the appeals service set up under the PoFA. This is POPLA.

In its latest annual report, POPLA states that their assessors have allowed 34.4% of appeals made by RKs. If you add cases where the operator withdrew before the appeal was determined, this increases to 50.6%.

In short, using the appeals service intended under the legislation does give RKs the opportunity to appeal successfully.

That's all very well, but VCS don't use POPLA, they use the IAS and the IAS are about as "independent" as Mugabe on crack!

Which suggests POPLA isn't a waste of space.

Where are the equivalent figures for the IAS (which will indicate if they are or aren't a waste of time / space / energy.......)

They'll probably claim that those figures are "Commercially sensitive" :wink:

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

see Erics post

Yeah I read that thread, appreciated. So the 'two line rebuttal'..

Dear VCS

In relation to your letter dated xxx

There has been no breach of any contractual condition therefore we owe you nothing.

Many thanks

Misterspice

post moved from another thread.

please keep to this thread MS

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi peeps,

thanks for the advice so far, really appreciated. Just one question, if I may. What does RK / RK's stand for?

The abbreviations you're likely to see on parking threads are in this forum stikky.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?168275-Posting-in-this-Forum-and-A-Z-of-Motoring-Terms

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

dont bother saying anything yet

, if you wrote even to tell them to get lost

they will think you are worried about this and write again.

Let them waste their time and money first,

We will advise what to say and when so just read all about them and their behaviour and come back when you have the next instalment of this.

see Erics post

Yeah I read that thread, appreciated.

So the 'two line rebuttal'..

Dear VCS

In relation to your letter dated xxx

There has been no breach of any contractual condition therefore we owe you nothing.

Many thanks

Misterspice