I Need some advise and guidance about shoplifting at TK Maza

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2305 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was really worried,

I get caught for shoplifting at tkmaxxx.

I have given my address,

name,

phone number and

signed the banning form with exclusion list of stores for 12 months and

a letter with RLP that I need to wait to pay them a lost cost of Tkmaxx which they have gotten all the goods back worth 60 Pounds.

What will happen if I pay them?

Will there be any further problems in the future?

I am really ashamed of myself

It happened because i'm not myself that day and suffering from depression from most of everything in my life.

I really need some advice and help.

Thank you

moved to the RLP forum.

you TOTALLY AND UTTERLY IGNORE RLP

they are NO BAILIFFS

and have

ZERO LEGAL POWERS.

no matter WHAT THEY MAY WRITE.

go read a few threads in this forum

you'll get the idea.

as for the depression

go see your GP.

and don't do it again:-)

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yeah, some people says ignored it. As it only stand to get money from us and take Advantage. There’s actually no cost for them as they get back the items which is I accidentally taken out of the Blue.

I was planning Too, too Many things in my head and Health issues with me. Thank you so much for your Help and I won’t Go to store’s alone and after a year unless I Need something urgent.

Hi and welcome to CAG

Firstly, I would recommend that you get to the root of your actions. Have you spoken to your GP? He or she has heard all this before and knows what helps. this could be a short course of ant depressants (happy pills) are some counselling. Whatever you do, you must stop stealing now as if you did it again, the police may then get involved which will cause many more problems than this one.

On to TKMaxx and RLP. We have seen many threads where action has been threatened but nothing ever came from it. The security staff are paid to do exactly what they did with you. The cost of security is already factored into the price people pay at the till. There are no other costs involved. they got the goods back so no loss there.

When TKMaxx pass this matter on to RLP, their action ceases and they let RLP do the chasing and forget about you. When the first letter arrives it will make claims that are, at best, spurious by saying 'might, 'may', 'could' etc. RLP cannot take any action against you. They have no power to do so. All they can do is send letters. Once they have run out of letters to send, they may employ a debt collector (DCA) and they have even less power than RLP so after all this rambling, you can ignore every letter.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thank you for your advice silverfox. Yes, I would definitely book an appointment at my Gp. I have been in stress and depression lately about my studies, friends, family, paper work at home office.

Yes, I have realised that people nowadays will just suck out you of money as long as they can. I'm just curious if they will stop sending me a letter if I pay when I recieve the letter and will completely let me off the hook???

Thank you for your time reading my case guys. Really honored and happy about your expertise and knowledge.

Hello there.

Other people here know more than I do, but I seem to remember that paying doesn't make any difference and they could keep sending letters anyway. You're better letting the letters come until they get fed up with writing.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Obviously by paying their useless demands, the letters will stop but by doing nothing, the letters will stop-eventually. I cannot tell you what to do but I can only advise that you don't as the majority of the payment goes to RLP and the rest to the store. I did hear at one stage it was a 60/40 split in favour of RLP. Sending out one letter costs them less than 75p so why should anyone give them so much money for them to put in their back pocket and have a nice Christmas party at your expense.

If you want to spend your money, CAG always needs help or donate something to a favourite charity of yours. At least that is going to a good cause, not RLP's bottom line.

Although this case will never go to court, this is a scenario to consider. In the UK, any store is only allowed to claim the cost of goods lost and a small fee that covers the actual cost they have incurred. As they got the goods back there can be no cost there so all they could actually claim is the admin costs which would amount to less than £15. In real terms, it just isn't worth it for them to set a claim against you and everything else is bluff and bluster. Please don't fall for it.

Other than what I have said, the ball is in your court.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE