SSE Default Registered Gas/Electric Account Scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2327 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I just wondered if anyone has any advise. I will try keep this brief

1. I own a bedsit flat (inherited from mothers estate) and my brother is named as a life renter.

2. Brother had accident 3 years ago and is now brain damaged (I am his only relative)

3. Brother needs 24 hour care so cannot live in the flat

4. I rent out the flat through an agency and use the proceeds to pay for care to help him.

5. Flat was vacant for a 3 month period last year

6. I receive a debt collector letter (in my name) to my home address for the gas/elec costs of £94

7. I immediately contact SSE directly and they advise my name was given by the letting agent,

they contacted them for meter readings and resent a revised bill for £55.

8. I pay immediately and ask them to set up a direct debit going forward so this situation doesn't happen again.

9. I check my credit report and they have registered a £94 default in my name which is stated as partially satisfied.

10. I called them to advise I paid in full and they updated their records to state default is satisfied £94.

11. the amount owed was never £94 it should be £55.

12. I googled legal owner of a property which says a life renter is the legal owner but its me that has suffered this.

13. I complained to SSE who responded 10 weeks later to say they will not remove nor alter the default figures.

14. I complain to Energy ombudsman who says that they have requested SSE apologise for the delay in responding to my complaint and they have asked them to update the default balance to say £55 and not £94.

does anyone know what i can do with this?

I only just managed to repair my credit file and now i have this :(

so what are you saying

this should be on his credit report not yours?

if you are renting out the flat and the tenancy agreement etc is from you to the tenant

you are responsible as you are the landlord.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Just advice on defaults - it says I defaulted by 94 pounds but only 55 was due not 94 and i paid immediately when I was made aware.

I did not set up the account in my name, the agency must have gave them my name.

Its not a dispute to pay it - my brother has no capacity to deal with bills, I paid it when I was made aware of it, Its only just the default im concerned about.

I tried writing to them with proof of title deeds with life rent situation, proof of brothers brain damage, copies of my bank statements to show I had funds to pay the debt at time of default and an explanation regarding the implications of the default against me but they refuse to update it or remove it.

Energy watchdog have asked them to update it but no luck yet.

well the default is correct doesn't matter if the value is wrong...

cant see what you are trying to achieve here then...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...