Can i charge Administration Charges for poor customer services

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2307 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was wondering if I can charge a energy supplier 'administration charges' for their continual abysmal customer service?

I am aware that someone took TalkTalk to court for something similar, Marc Gander from CAG gave some advice on that one.

But can I actually charge by the full hour for having to continually phone, email write to this company?.

who

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The person who sued TalkTalk was able to establish actual losses and they sued on that basis.

The great injustice of the system is the although you have a contract with a phone company or an energy company and part of the contract is for them to provide a certain level of service, when that part of the contract breaks down no one ever seems to hold them to account unless the customer can prove actual losses. It is terribly unfair. When you deal with customer service people, the customer services staff get paid but you do it for free. It is absolutely unfair that the customer shouldn't get at least equivalent wage – but they don't.

You post a very open question and you've been asked above – who?

If you don't give more information then really it's pretty well the equivalent of asking us how long is a piece of string

The company In question is i Supply. I have now started a complaint to the ombudsman regarding the terrible way they run their business. They send out their own meter readers, then refuse to accept the meter reading. I have written, phoned, and emailed. I have, as per their request, attached photo evidence of the meter reading, but again and again they class this as 'unverified' or just don't bother with a response.

I am aware they must be reading my complaints as every time I contact them through emails I give an up to date reading. They then update their records, but STILL class the reading as unverified! Thus meaning they don't have to give me a statement, So although I was in excess off £100 in credit Sept 17, I simply just don't know where I stand now.

It's really really frustrating. BTW the electricity account I have with them runs smoothly, for the moment.

Edited by jmdnnlln
bad grammar

Hello,

When did you last receive a bill? Which meter reading did they use - one of yours, one of their 'official' readings or their own estimate? How long have you been with them and has this been going on since you joined them?

I'll give you the heads-up now that in most people's experience, the Energy Ombudsman are as much use as a chocolate teapot - even if they rule in your favour, getting the energy supplier to act on it will take you back to square one.

I would be inclined to send them a SAR. It will cost you £10 and a lot of your time in sorting through the masses of paperwork once you get it, but may well be very helpful in sorting out what they are doing and how best to proceed. It should take 40 calendar days from receipt for them to send you everything they have on you, but you can send them a SAR just because you feel like it and not just because of an ongoing complaint. Probably as good a place to start as any if you are serious about pushing I-Supply for a resolution.

• Haha 1

Any pearls of wisdom that I give on the CAG forums is based on previous experiences and knowledge I have gained from being on these forums.