• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2232 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am using windows 8/8.1 and happy with it but last few days had a message saying it is outdated and to upgrade to Windows 10! Has anyone else had this message?

I have also had problems with Windows updates and messages saying error not able to update and the writing has gone small so had to increase it, I have 360 total security and do a scan daily

Any help/advice be appreciated thanks

Sandy

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

win 10 is far superior that 8/8.1

but i'm unsure if its still free now like it was

pretty sure that window has closed.

open 360 total security

click toolbox

click Patch up

do a scan and install everything it finds

even the optional stuff.

that should sort you issues

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Users of “assistive technology” could still upgrade for free recently.

I’ll be able to report back in a few days if this is still available & free (I’ve been asked to upgrade a laptop, but it needs Win8 updates and backups first!).

wonder what they means......

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you DX, Doing the patch up now

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

assistive technology

I need a lefthanded mouse

does that count...

and they

DX, done patch up, there was 19 items, will see how it runs now, ty

Sandy xx

always keep an eye on that.

it solves 100's of issues

and they

Users of “assistive technology” could still upgrade for free recently.

I’ll be able to report back in a few days if this is still available & free (I’ve been asked to upgrade a laptop, but it needs Win8 updates and backups first!).

Confirmed still available.

I sometimes need very small text enlarged.

MS provide a tool for that.

So, I guess that counts ....

https://www.cnet.com/uk/how-to/microsoft-windows-10-free-upgrade-offer-assistive-features/

That link notes the availability for free ends December 31st

• 2 months later...

anyone else got issues with 360 Total security?

Every time I use it to scan computer it crashes my comp and I am not able to do anything with it so have to close it down and restart it, The computer was fine till I got this! now getting quite a few problems, pages not loading, white screen, black screen, very slow etc. Done the patch up and it shows nothing, I am still using Windows 8/8.1.

Have had computer for about 6 years I think

Thank you

Sandy xx

your webrowser issues could be re any ad/script blockers. disable those and then try the same web page you were trying.

do you have any other antivirus/security/firewall programs running as well as 360, such as windows mse etc.

try uninstalling 360 then, see how things go. but ensure you have at least one antivirus going.

also, could try another antiv to scan, see if there maybe a virus going on.

anyone else got issues with 360 Total security?

Every time I use it to scan computer it crashes my comp and I am not able to do anything with it so have to close it down and restart it, The computer was fine till I got this! now getting quite a few problems, pages not loading, white screen, black screen, very slow etc. Done the patch up and it shows nothing, I am still using Windows 8/8.1.

Have had computer for about 6 years I think

Thank you

Sandy xx

Pretty sure I installed this 360 Total security on a laptop and had the same issues. In the end I removed it and used another security programme.

From memory, i could not configure to make it work. It was just too big a programme, trying to do too much and making laptop performance really poor.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

your webrowser issues could be re any ad/script blockers. disable those and then try the same web page you were trying.

do you have any other antivirus/security/firewall programs running as well as 360, such as windows mse etc.

try uninstalling 360 then, see how things go. but ensure you have at least one antivirus going.

also, could try another antiv to scan, see if there maybe a virus going on.

This is the only one I use so would any suggestions what else can use instead be great. TIA X

and they

win 10 is far superior that 8/8.1

but i'm unsure if its still free now like it was

pretty sure that window has closed.

Confirmed still available.

That link notes the availability for free ends December 31st

I am still using Windows 8/8.1.

A shame you didn't update for free while you had the chance.

I'm not sure that an OEM version would allow you to upgrade (rather than a fresh OEM install)

https://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/org-microsoft-windows-10-pro

Anyone able to say if it'd work (for £20)

it only does this when I scan computer, it does not seem to scan automatically so run it every day,. It always leave the computer freezing etc as stated in my first post about 360, I am still not convinced about Windows 10 and do not know anyone who has not had problems with it

This is the only one I use so would any suggestions what else can use instead be great. TIA X

try the sfc dx mentioned, see if that works.

that wasn't why i ditched it (ie no sfc probs), i just didn't like it overall.

an alternative? up to you, do a search. though avira free seems to be ok.

Post 18

and they

Only started with these problems shortly after installing 360, I will have a look at the suggestion in post 18, tyvm

try the sfc dx mentioned, see if that works.

that wasn't why i ditched it (ie no sfc probs), i just didn't like it overall.

an alternative? up to you, do a search. though avira free seems to be ok.

Total AV, seems good, ?