Returning handset/canceling O2 contract (via mobiles.co.uk) - within 14-days

Skyro
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2331 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Purchased a new phone (online) on an O2 pay monthly contract via mobiles.co.uk.

My current provider beat this deal at last minute hence me wanting to cancel the O2 contract and return the handset.

I am within 14-days of receipt of handset but have used the SIM/handset (no calls - just testing coverage).

mobiles.co.uk's return/cancellation policy (here) states use of SIM/handset signifies acceptance of contract. It also mentions that coverage issues should be discussed with them/the provider before a cancellation can be approved.

Either way, the handset will be returned and I will not be honouring the contract - however, just interested if anyone has had experience with similar and best way to approach them - purely because I want the upfront cost of the handset refunded without any problems or protracted battles.

Thanks.

I'd personally say that if you've not made/received any calls or sent any text messages, then you have not "used" the SIM.

I'd get on to their returns department soonest and tell them that you're returning the handset & SIM so that you can get a returns number. Also make sure that you spend a little extra and return it recorded/signed for & insured.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

under CRA you can return it with no penalty [within 14 days]

and get any moneyback you've paid too if you are lucky.

they cant refuse

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...