Notice of Prosecution - speeding on the M25

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2309 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I was recently on the M25 around 2:45am.

Car was set on cruise control on the legal road limit i.e. 70mph.

All of a sudden, due to roadworks up ahead, the variable speed limit kicked in to 50mph.

I tried to slow down in time gradually, being cautious of traffic behind me. (didnt want to slow down all of sudden and risk getting hit from behind).

the speed camera got me @ 59mph (variable speed limit - 50mph).

Now I've received an intention of prosecution in the post.

What are the chances I can get away from this with as little pain as possible?

so everyone else behind you must have gotten a ticket too if you couldnt slow down by the cameras...?

excuse doesn't wash sadly.

moved to the speeding forum

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi all,

I was recently on the M25 around 2:45am.

Car was set on cruise control on the legal road limit i.e. 70mph.

All of a sudden, due to roadworks up ahead, the variable speed limit kicked in to 50mph.

I tried to slow down in time gradually, being cautious of traffic behind me. (didnt want to slow down all of sudden and risk getting hit from behind).

the speed camera got me @ 59mph (variable speed limit - 50mph).

Now I've received an intention of prosecution in the post.

What are the chances I can get away from this with as little pain as possible?

"Cruise control" ; irrelevant.

'all of a sudden" ; you mean there wasn't a '50' sign?. The sign 'popped-up' out of concealment as you drew level with it??. It came on just as you passed under it? (how did they get the roadworks to suddenly appear at the same time, too?)

"Didn't want to get hit from behind" ; there were 3 lanes of traffic all at or exceeding the 70mph speed limit and none of them saw the 50 limit either?.

Define " as little pain as possible" : how many points (if any) do you have currently?. Have you done a speed awareness course before, and if so how recently?.

I suspect the "least pain' will be a FPN, 3 points and a fine, or a speed awareness course.

Of course, you can decide to (instead) go to court to explain why the circumstances are such that you shouldn't face even that. I'm sure the bench would listen sympathetically ........ and then punish you more severely than the FPN route, as the excuses just won't wash.

"all of sudden" here meant, i saw it all of sudden. It was possibly on well before i got to it. I currently have no points and haven't done any speed awareness courses before. I was in the middle lane with no traffic in front of me. i was doing approx 68mph.

It is very likely drivers behind me got a ticket too.

"all of sudden" here meant, i saw it all of sudden. It was possibly on well before i got to it. I currently have no points and haven't done any speed awareness courses before. I was in the middle lane with no traffic in front of me. i was doing approx 68mph.

I wouldn’t go down the “I” (only) “saw it all of a sudden” route : because you were of course paying attention to a well lit sign, at night.... so would have been aware of it in good time (You wouldn’t want to be saying your attention wasn’t that of a careful and competent driver, as that’d be saying “stick me on for careless driving ......”

You were in “the middle lane”, so why not pull into lane 1? (If there was a slower moving car in lane 1, either behind it or in front of it .....)

Return the firm, identifying yourself as the driver and you should get a speed awareness course offer.

It is very likely drivers behind me got a ticket too.

Irrelevant to your case.