MPs and others call for Trump's state visit to be cancelled

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2323 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After his retweet of Britain First videos and attack on the PM and British values [sent to the wrong Theresa May], there are increasing calls for him not to come here.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/nov/30/evil-racist-how-the-uk-reacted-to-trumps-theresa-may-twitter-attack

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/nov/30/britain-demand-apology-trump-cancel-state-visit-theresa-may

Edited by honeybee13
Link added

Illegitimi non carborundum

Trump seems a bit unhinged to me. Not sure he is a rational person, that thinks about many issues in a way that most would follow.

The Republicans probably want to impeach, but not yet. Trump is loosing support and they are waiting until the right moment.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I agree about his mental state, UB There's a growing opinion in the States that he's 'not well', according to the Guardian.

My personal feeling is that HRH shouldn't be subjected to meeting someone this unpleasant. The best hope seems to be the threat of massive demonstrations against Trump. Or impeachment, as you say, the grand jury seem to be accumulating a lot of evidence

I remember the state visit by Mikhail Gorbachev as he visited by place of work. A collegaue was handing out badges saying "I gawped at Gorby" to those of us on the sidelines.

I think that Theresa May's comments about the lack of a set date for the visit is very telling. During the war French people would indicate the presence of Germans by saying on the phone to those who wanted to know about such activity "you MUST visit, things are very quiet here". or say how pleasant the weather was.

I am also suprised Trump is still in the job becaue I thought he might walk when he couldnt get his own way nor silence his critics.

I say let him come! Once here, he will get the message that his views do not correspond with people of this country and he should then slope off with his ears ringing. Anyone that describes themselves in the third party is (IMO) a biscuit short of a full pack.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I say let him come! Once here, he will get the message that his views do not correspond with people of this country and he should then slope off with his ears ringing. Anyone that describes themselves in the third party is (IMO) a biscuit short of a full pack.

He won't, he is a narcissist

Another concern is that the government are relying on a special relationship with the US to negotiate a trade relationship after Brexit. It doesn't sound as if Trump is a true friend to the UK.

There is no special relationship with the USA when are people going to learn it is a politician myth, they are living in the past can people not see that?? they are more linked to the French( when they are not running away).

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

I agree with you, OC. The US seems to pick us up when we can be useful [like when they're waging war] and then drop us again.

Was it Obama who said we'd be better sticking with Europe than trying to forge ties with the States?

quite, didn't the french help them v the brits. when britain was also v france.

but, how far back should it all go. what is the history.

it seems its all going to pot.

Major Kong statement now re.

:)

:)

Trumps statement re israel

Major Kong (dr strangelove) is since a metaphoric term used for someone who seems 'gung ho' (putting it mildly)

certain matters do need to be addressed eg n korea etc.

it's just that the apparent 'maj kong' way seems a bit off, as in such cases it is usually joe public who ends up suffering when things kick off.

it does seem as if the current investigations are trying to lead up to a poss impeach. but whether it will actually materialise, i don't think it will. (just like May is still pm).

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...