• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

cm v rbos - or soon will be hopefully!

cm34
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6337 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there everyone

right well I've read loads about the process and think its about time I bite the bullet and go for it! Still nervous but there seems to be an abundance of advice and help out there which is reassuring. I'm ready to send my letter off asking for my statements and have used the templates. Now I thought I ahd at least this bit sorted but it seems every time I read more posts I end up with more questions!

1. I've now read of a few people who've just rung up and asked and the bank has sent statements for £5 - should I give this a go before sending letter do you think?

2. I also thought you were supposed to send everything recorded delivery but now I've come accross some posts saying you shouldn't?

thanks for help

c

i phoned first off but nothing happened so i sent the S.A.R to my local branch and almost 40 days later i received the statements. i find it more reassuring that i have a hard copy of all correspondance rather than doing it verbally over the phone.

i didn't send any of my letters recorded delivery, just kept a copy and noted where and when i posted it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

At this point it's just a case of personal preference I guess. The posting bit is entirely up to you. It's probably advisable to send recorded so you can check on the royal mail website when it was delivered and gives you proof your letter arrived!

The £5 bit is per statement so you do the maths - if you only need one or two it's ok, if you need 6 years, it's £5 * 12 months * 6 years = £360.

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

thanks for the replies, think i will stick to original plan and post it recorded delivery! going to post it today on my lunchbreak - half excited and half nervous about this but determined to go through with it!

thanks for info

cheers

One bit of advice I have gathered from my thread reading...when you send your prelim letter, go straight to Tommy Maclean rather than your branch.

He seems to be the main man and several people have had full settlements off him in a matter of 5 or 6 weeks, without recourse to HMCS....

thanks for the advice, I'll do that. Would be fantastic to get full settlement offer.

Well, posted my sar request yesterday first class recorded delivery, just waiting on results!

One thing, I rang the bank to check the date I opened the account and teh girl I was speaking to was very keen to know why I wanted the info! She also kept asking me if I was happy witht he service at my local branch (I haven't been there in 4 years as I moved from glasgow to Belfast and do all mine online!) she also asked if I'l had an account review and if I was happy with my account....I told her from what I remembered from 4 years ago staff were fine in branch, I'd had a review earlier in year and was happy a current account was best account for me (doesn't mean I'm not going to claim back all those charges!) I think she knew why I wanted the info and was trying to guilt trip me! (didn't work)

Hi

I was nervous but only about how to fill things out at MCOL stage. I done everything the site told me to do and think that is the best way forward. I also sent everything recorded delivery as you then have a record and they know that.

It took me just under a month to get all my charges back. I could not believe it. Two days before LBA was up i had a full settlement £2770. Ive read other peoples threads and people waiting 40days for there statements. It seems different banks in different parts of England treat there customers differently. I am in Birmingham. Don't worry and keep to the sites way of doing things. Thats what i did to the letter. Good luck and you will have your money soon.

Forgot to say, The only thing that i have done differently is instead of using the onsite spread sheet because i did not understand how to put my charges onto it, i sent a copy of all my statements highlighting all the charges in question and i also added them up and put the interest straight on, that way they could not dispute any of the charges that i was claiming. Don't know if that helped me.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

Am a bit worrried I have put my foot in it with rbs.... you'll see above that the woman pinned me down to saying I was happy with service when i rang to see date account was opened (although I specifically said I was happy with service from staff at branch - I have never had any problems with frontline rbs staff it's the policies on charges I have a problem with!) Anyway my sar was delivered on 25 nov and I haven't heard anything except 1 letter from my branch (1st time in 6 years I have got a letter from my local branch!) saying they were glad i was so satisfied with service they were giving me. Should I not have said I was happy with branch staff? They haven't acknowledged anything about my data protection request and am worried they will try to use this against me when I claim

Or am i getting paranoid?! Should I just hang on and wait for them to send out statements? They still have plenty of time before 40 days is up

cm34

You have not put your foot in it. As you say you have plenty of time untill they have to send you your statements. Just because you are happy with parts of there service does not give them the right to take your money from you ileagally. Your charges are yours and that is that so don't worry. Follow the programme and the money will come to you very soon. You can read how i done things. I don't know if by highlighting my statements of charges and sending them instead of using the excel spread sheet hurried things along. They could see it for themselves and did not need to go and check else where to make sure they are correct. Just carry on with what you are doing and you will be just fine.

gerarddobbin